• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JEEP CHEROKEE FOG LIGHT INSTALL KIT

Thanks for the quick reply.

When I turn the headlights on. I see the "dash light" come on the switch. But, when I flip the factory switch, the little light icon, doesn't light. To show fogs are on.

So, no power to switch I assume?

The fuse and replay in fuse box in engine bay have no metal clips.

Little confused.

Details: I have the factory switch installed. Factory wires where there. Also, factory wires are also by front bumper. Just no metal clips for fuse and relay.

Use your own relay. I used the relay for the blower motor because it had a nice holder with a screw hole. I mounted it under the hood. I have a wire from the fog light switch to my relay. The relay also has a wire to the positive on the battery, a wire to the ground, and a wire to the fog lights. Then wire your lights to the relay output and ground just to the body.

WiringDiagram.jpg

Literally, you just need to tap one wire (blue) to make it work.

http://www.cherokeetalk.com/forum/f23/oem-fog-light-switch-into-non-fog-light-xj-14395/

The only other way would be to get an extra PDC and add the metal terminals & wires. I really don't think it's worth the effort.

Anyone ever add a fog light switch to a pannel that didn't have one? My Sport has a blank there, but the wire harness is attached to that blank. I have a Jeep swich I could add, but there isn't a bracket to hold a swtich. Would I need a new switch panel? Does someone sell those? If not, anyone want to buy two Jeep switches?

You will need a three switch bezel; the two switch bezel does not have the switch fasteners integrated into the blank location. You could also try to adapt the wiring to another switch.

Charles

Anyone ever add a fog light switch to a pannel that didn't have one? My Sport has a blank there, but the wire harness is attached to that blank. I have a Jeep swich I could add, but there isn't a bracket to hold a swtich. Would I need a new switch panel? Does someone sell those? If not, anyone want to buy two Jeep switches?

They sell the bazel new, but it's a bit steep. Your best bet would be to find one at a bone yard or use a non factory switch.

I had considered using a toggle switch and drill a small hole in the dummy cover.

Last edited:
Back