• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Breakin and Property Theft in Great Falls, MT

MontanaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Time to vent for about meth heads in Great Falls.

My Jeep was in the parking lot of my buddies off-road shop last night. It seems that punks have nothing better to do than break into peoples vehicles and steal their s**t. A rock was thrown thru my front passenger window. They then decided to rip out my CD player, steel my Craftsman Professional 4.5" angle grinder, my welding helmet, my jack stands, a digital camera, and my f'n pair PRP Daily Driver seats. I figure they either took, or damaged, $1500 worth of stuff. AAAGGGHHHH. They did leave behind about $400 worth of fab parts from Balistic Fab, a $100 tap and die set, plus other random items. We will have to see what the cops are gonna do about it.

The one good thing is that my renters insurance will cover the items that were in my vehicle and I only have a $100 deductable. The only things not are not covered are the window and the stereo. My buddy is going to replace the window and work on getting the stereo replaced.

I can't imagine that anybody would be able to pawn my seats, or maybe the camera, because any normal person would know that they are stolen. My friend is also a local and he is putting the word out.

Rant over.

Greg M.

Well, that sucks man but welcome to Montana!! I Did electrical maint. programs for 2 years over there.... all the way out to Wolf Point. Little do many people realize about Montana is it has a high rate of meth smokers. The cops are not going to do anything really. You will fill out a report with serial #s (if you have them) and prices. Other than that nothing will become of it. It got pretty bad in a town near here that people started burning down the meth houses while the poeple were still inside. Hope everything works out for you in the end.

The lead detective called me at about 11:00 tonight. He said that they have some witnesses that gave a description, and they supposedly were caught on a security camera.

The building next to the off-road shop is a Contruction Company and they stole one of their pickup trucks and then mowed down a bunch of city garbage cans and wrecked the truck at the water treatment plant.

im feelin you someone broke into our house while we out of town for two months stole 10k $ worth of stuff just piXXXs me off to no end everytime i think about it you should be able to shoot thes f'ers onsite

hmmm...$100 deductable...how much stuff could have been in the heep? Hit the pawn shops yourself, combine that with the insurance money...

...whoa! I have got to get my mind out of the gutter. j/k I do not endorse insurance fraud :D
(the smiley means I was just kidding - you know I was just kidding, right?)

We went to NYC to visit my sister - years ago back when I was still in highschool. We parked the car and hoofed it around the city for a week. When we got back to the car we found the passenger side wing was busted out (yeah, it was that long ago that the car had wings). The thieves took a VHS camera case that was laying on the passenger side floor board. They must have been surprised when they got to their pawnshop fence and found it full of bandages. My mom, a nurse, had converted the camera case into a travel first-aid kit :laugh2:

Sorry about your loss and good luck with the insurance.

dirtybird said:
im feelin you someone broke into our house while we out of town for two months stole 10k $ worth of stuff just piXXXs me off to no end everytime i think about it you should be able to shoot thes f'ers onsite

In Texas, you can. They wouldn't have to have actually stolen anything. You'd just have to think that they might.

Greg,

I think you should hire a professional Indian tracker, track, the tweakers down, and when you find them beat them upside the head with a chinese hub housing.

So.

You coming to JV in November?

:illegalflipoffsmilie:

things are tough all over i got hit about 3 weeks ago, its no fun. sorry bout your jeep man but at least they didnt hit the garbage cans and wreck into the treatment plant in YOUR truck

-mike

Screw beating them upside the head, theives need to be shot in the face. i hate theives. they seem to always hit my xj over anybody elses car and it sucks.

Back