• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep 2500 Parts... I found them here...

It would be a lot of work reshaping the fender around the shape on the new combination headlight assemblies. Why would you want to spend all that time and effort as would cost you much more than the replacement panels?

Gojeep said:
Still think the brakes should be top and bottom. You want them to be the most noticeable to prevent anyone wreaking those new taillights!
Just dont think they are that bright especially when you have four lots of parking lights on at the same time.

Im starting to think your right .. im wondering what i would need to do to make that happen... get another socket for that lower location and wire it in the same as the top one?

Gojeep said:
It would be a lot of work reshaping the fender around the shape on the new combination headlight assemblies. Why would you want to spend all that time and effort as would cost you much more than the replacement panels?

The question is where can we get the panels? They were not available from alexparts ... where we got the rest of the stuff...

I have also been sorta stumped trying to figure out how to get the work done to some fenders to fit these!

BTW gojeep, i had to replace my water pump this weekend, so i got those pics of my taurus install for you... Ill update the other thread probably tomorrow and send you a PM then as well.

Last edited:
Gojeep said:

Because at $40 each with minimum of 30 orders I can afford to spend a day modifing cheap readily available fenders here.

I dont even think we got a half dozen people ordering these parts, we were a long way off from the minimum order for the fenders.

Plus, the fenders are large, and would end up costing alot more to ship as well.

Gojeep said:
Still think the brakes should be top and bottom. You want them to be the most noticeable to prevent anyone wreaking those new taillights!
Just dont think they are that bright especially when you have four lots of parking lights on at the same time.

Gojeep Great job u did on that MJ . :cheers:
Did u install this taillight in yours?
since MJ's use 57's on both sockets.. Did u splice for the turn light , from both stock lines?

I got the tail-lights in today and installed them real quick. First the pics, then a few thoughts about them:

2500_Tail_Lights_1.jpg

2500_Tail_Lights_2.jpg

Production quality is not very good. I had to use a couple of small files to get the sockets cleaned up enough to get the bulb housings in. The left side housing does not line up with the screw holes in the rear body either. Also it looks like the molded pieces are separating, so they might need to be reassembled and re-glued.

Fitment is not perfect but is not bad either. I have about 1-1.5" of gap below it, and maybe an extra .25" gap on top but it's not really noticeable with my midnight blue Jeep. The upside is that they stick out further, and I have to keep my hatch a little more open than normal so that works out.

They look interesting enough. I haven't decided if I like them or dislike them.

I think the best fix for the bottom light on my '91 is going to be to split off the 1157 park/brake bulb and run a second set at the bottom. I will probably switch these and the turn indicator bulbs to hi-count LED replacements to keep from overloading the circuit.

The individual lamp housings are all enclosed, and there is almost no sideways lighting. In the interest of safety, I might drill and file mounting holes in the side of the upper lamp housing to place the little 194 bulb in the same spot as it is on my '91. FWIW I'm going to guess that the housings are not DOT compliant. I'm no stickler for the regs, but the absence of side lighting might matter.

I will order a second set if I keep them. I don't want to smash one up on the trail and have to wait 4 months for a replacement.

ehall - They're following the European standard there. I was surprised to find that the 1984 - 1996 Cheorkee European spec tail lamps have no side marking at all (nor coverage with the signals). In fact you can't even put a bulb in place there, the hole is there but the backside of the red plastic is blacked out.

BajaMJ said:
Gojeep Great job u did on that MJ . :cheers:
Did u install this taillight in yours?
since MJ's use 57's on both sockets.. Did u splice for the turn light , from both stock lines?

The MJ is not mine as were never brought over here through Jeep. We didn't even get XJ's here until mid 94.
I have used 57's in three postions in my wagoneer taillights though with no problem at all with the system coping with it and it has been years.
http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoTailLights.htm

Last edited:
Gojeep said:
The MJ is not mine as were never brought over here through Jeep. We didn't even get XJ's here until mid 94.
I have used 57's in three postions in my wagoneer taillights though with no problem at all with the system coping with it and it has been years.
http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoTailLights.htm

Nice write up GoJeep .
Thanks for the link.:peace:

ehall said:
Fitment is not perfect but is not bad either. I have about 1-1.5" of gap below it, and maybe an extra .25" gap on top but it's not really noticeable with my midnight blue Jeep. The upside is that they stick out further, and I have to keep my hatch a little more open than normal so that works out.

I wonder if the 2500 rear bumper closes that bottom gap. It wouldn't surprise me if it did.

ehall said:
Production quality is not very good. I had to use a couple of small files to get the sockets cleaned up enough to get the bulb housings in. The left side housing does not line up with the screw holes in the rear body either. Also it looks like the molded pieces are separating, so they might need to be reassembled and re-glued.

Yeah just like mine:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=243941273&postcount=531

Muad'Dib said:
OH BTW!!!!

The sockets are a pain to get into the taillights. I had to grab a sharp model knife to "carve/finesse" the area in the lights where the sockets go. The socket hole itself was manufactured very poorly :p ... but you can get it to work just don't expect them to go right in and turn to lock.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JWFokker said:
I wonder if the 2500 rear bumper closes that bottom gap. It wouldn't surprise me if it did.

Im betting thats why the gap is there as well .. i have yet to try the weather stripping.. but im sure it will fill in the gap just fine and look ok.

Last edited:
One other observation after some night-time examination: the amber lenses don't provide very much filtering power, and white/clear bulbs in those sockets will be as white and bright as backup lights. You really need amber bulbs in those sockets to get a non-blinding amber light out of them.

Don't you WANT to be one of those annoying people who's tail lights/blinkers BLIND the poor sap sitting behind him at night? LOL Some of those blinding tail light configurations really piss me off when I am behind them! Thanks for sharing all the notes on your conversions, guys! That is really helpful to those of us who are still in the ordering process!

ehall said:
One other observation after some night-time examination: the amber lenses don't provide very much filtering power, and white/clear bulbs in those sockets will be as white and bright as backup lights. You really need amber bulbs in those sockets to get a non-blinding amber light out of them.

X2 on that amber .. just installed on my MJ and after shaving some casing parts and custom fitting them ( by the way they are an inch wider for MJ ) u need amber bulbs, and some of the lighting for the lower park / stop tends to light thru the reverse lens ,, at least on mine .

Just don't expect Hella lens in these babies....:doh:

BajaMJ said:
X2 on that amber .. just installed on my MJ and after shaving some casing parts and custom fitting them ( by the way they are an inch wider for MJ ) u need amber bulbs, and some of the lighting for the lower park / stop tends to light thru the reverse lens ,, at least on mine .

Just don't expect Hella lens in these babies....:doh:

I would try a red bulb for the red lights too.. Then they won't be as bright, and if any light does bleed through, at least it won't show white light to the traffic behind you.

So for those of us that got the parts, have any of you looked at mounting the headlights in? it looks like the headlights are supposed to push into a plastic holder clip, since we dont have this, and I have no idea where we would get something like this, what are your guys thoughts on installing the headlights?

Did you also notice there are no holes in the top for the upper headlight screws?

zluster said:
So for those of us that got the parts, have any of you looked at mounting the headlights in? it looks like the headlights are supposed to push into a plastic holder clip, since we dont have this, and I have no idea where we would get something like this, what are your guys thoughts on installing the headlights?

Did you also notice there are no holes in the top for the upper headlight screws?
Well let me start off by saying all I got were the headlights and taillights so I'm not working with the header like some of you are. What I will say is I think I know what you're talking about with the plastic holder clip. Many newer cars and even some older (especially Chevys with my experience) use a similar clip with their taillights. This is used almost exclusively when it's not desireable to run a screw into the side of the body or when extra support is needed. I will say for example a 2002 Trailblazer uses IIRC two for each taillights since there are only two screws holding them on behind the liftgate, two tabs push into the plastic inserts in the body. Maybe junkyard scavenging would be good to find them. Now...as far as getting the pressed into the XJ fenders...I'm not sure on that since again I'm not really on the modifying stage as of yet. I hope some of this was helpful.
-Collin

zluster said:

No i havent really looked into that yet... ill need to do that this weekend and see what i can come up with... It does however look like the wiring will be SUPER simple.

Muad'Dib said:
No i havent really looked into that yet... ill need to do that this weekend and see what i can come up with... It does however look like the wiring will be SUPER simple.

pffff, wiring is not an issue at all really. proper fitment and adjustment is going to be the main time consumer here.

Also, back to those plastic studs clip holders. The Jeep Liberty also uses them, perhaps I can find a part number and call up the dealer, they would probably be pretty cheap.

Only concern is if they will actually work with our studs or not. This is probably a fairly common type of receiver, but it may be hard to find a plastic receiver that will work with our specific stud.

Back