• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jeep 2500 mirrors and 241OR Rubi case

Nomercy

NAXJA Forum User
i have a set of brand new Bejing Jeep 2500 Cherokee Mirrors. they are power and i think they are heated too but could be wrong on that. ive had them for about 2 and a half years or so but sold the cherokee before i recieved them so they've been sitting in the box since i got them. ive only opened them once to make sure they were right and that was it. im asking $55 + shipping. should be around $10-15 extra for that.

i also have a NP241OR TJ rubicon case. the front case half is cracked but it turns freely and shifts good. paid $500 for it from a local wrecker yard a couple years ago (it was also destened for the xj but never made it). asking $300 OBO willing to ship but it wont be cheep so take that into consideration.

IMGP0415.jpg

IMGP0410.jpg

IMGP0416.jpg

IMGP0414.jpg

i almost had a heart attack when i saw a $300 rubi case.

then i read that its cracked.

have you looked into replacing the case half, got any info on it? i have never torn apart the front half of a chain driven np case

definately interested though

way different.

hmm so It could be TIG welded then, right. I mean I couldn't do it but I know a guy who could.

Idk I dont see what the problem with that would be do any of you guys?

hmm so It could be TIG welded then, right. I mean I couldn't do it but I know a guy who could.

Idk I dont see what the problem with that would be do any of you guys?

Cast aluminum doesn't weld too well. If it were just filling a hole it would be fine but there is constant stress on that part of the case from the weight of the case itself. I was looking into buying it but it looks like the shell is a dealership part.

Last edited:
for those who asked for them
2010-12-07155458.jpg

as for the case, way different then an NP231, i wouldnt weld it, and yeah..it sucks...

i have thought about fixing it. i was quoted about $300 for a new case half form my local stealership about 3 years ago for the case half. im sure if someone looked hard enough you could find someone with a front case half they'd be willing to seperate with. i alsomt bought another used case around the same time that had a bad rear case half. im sure they can be found.

Back