• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep 2500 headlights and grill only?

The 2500 headlight assemblies wrap clear around into the fenders. I read about somebody modding the stock fenders to fit the lights, but it's major surgery and a LOT of work if you want it to look better then a hack job.
The 2500 grill plunges below the bottom line of old header panel. You'd have to cut you bumper to make it fit, and it wouldn't look right.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=980488

Post #72 on pg 5, and #194 on pg13 have some decent pics. Give you an idea of what needs to be cut.
Also check out the pics in the first post. There's metal work on the inner sheet metal too.

Edit: page 6 has the mod pics I was talking about earlier. he had the factory 2500 cutouts to weld in. You'd have to duplicate that lip to make it look right.

Last edited:
Thanks, but is the front bumper trim necessary to make this look right, or will the bottom of the grill & headlights look/fit okay with the stock bumper?

I have a 2001 XJ

Back