• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JcrOffroad XJ HD Taillight Boxes are Back!

Try as I might, I cannot get the LEDs in the XJ to work with the trailer lights. There is a small backfeed through the trailer light converter. It's not enough to light a regular bulb, but it will light the LEDs.
  • I am using amber t/s, so no trailer converter to run the XJ lights
  • I DO have a trailer light converter to run trailer lights
  • There is s small back-feed from the converter through the t/s wire, just enough to light 4 of the amber LEDs
  • I tried a blocking diode in each t/s feed before the converter, but then the converter doesn't light the trailer lights
  • If I take the converter out of the system, everything works fine
  • I had the factory trailer harness, and it did the exact same thing
Am I the only one to use amber turn signals AND want to pull a trailer?

HELP!!!

I'm not sure what your wiring looks like, but you could try a resistor inline with the LED's that are lighting.

The factory XJ wiring uses the turn signal bulb as the resistance for the trailer blinker relay, which may be why you see those bulbs lit.

• I tried a blocking diode in each t/s feed before the converter, but then the converter doesn't light the trailer lights
Tried it, didn't work. I stopped at an RV place yesterday while I was downstate. They handed me a powered Tow Power converter and said it's the only one they use, the rest are just junk. *sigh* Live and learn.

It even says on the package that it will work with LEDs on the trailer and/or the tow vehicle.

FWIW, Hoppy's tech-line told me that I had bought the wrong one to use with LEDs. No comment about the fact that there is nothing on the package to that effect.

Back