• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JCR Offroad front bumpers

anyone have any problems fitting the bumperand them lining up right? i'm not going to have the time or space for a test fit really (have to drive somewhere else to put it in) and would like to paint it before, anyone see a problem with that?

Painted mine in advance, cut the fenders and mounted up the bumper no problem - finally, a bolt on that really is bolt on.

74217162.jpg

Mine arrived yesterday. I plan to paint it and put it on in the next few weeks. I'll post some pictures when it's done. Took a month to get it, just like they said, but it's worth the wait.

I painted and installed a stage 2 front bumper last weekend. No problems at all with fit, just leave the bolts loose until they are all started. I did have to "wedge" the front up before tightening the bolts. Bumper angled down slightly when it was lose and I wanted the receiver to be level.

Tried to re-tighten bolts on Wed and all were still nice and snug. It was just what I was looking for in a front bumper: recovery points, a 2" receiver and slim/small overall look. With any luck I'll never need to know how strong it really is!

EDIT: I did not have to trim anything to fit, just swung the fender brackets out of the way. I am going to trim the front fenders level with the grill, it looks odd with that part hanging down. I also attached the vacuum tank to the pass side bracket, there was a perfect hole already there. Swing it back up, tighten the bolt and you can barely see it.

Last edited:
Pro Stock John said:
How about a stage 2 with the receiver input that does not require me cutting my front fenders up? That's what I would consider.

whats that mean? how much fender trimming is in order on a 97+, i thought you dont have to trim anything

miketyson said:
anyone have any problems fitting the bumperand them lining up right? i'm not going to have the time or space for a test fit really (have to drive somewhere else to put it in) and would like to paint it before, anyone see a problem with that?

nope, they fit very well.

I painted mine and bolted it without test fitting it.
The JCR guys bolted one up to a Jeep in the WF parking lot.

THey work, they're great.

I painted mine with the rustoleum Hammerite, good stuff.

DSCF0626.jpg

I bought the frame plates too. Had to drill out a few holes larger.When I got mine the receiver hitch wasn't welded in square. They refunded the price of the receiver. Still looks a little goofy. When I put the winch on in the cradle it really shows. Bumper is stout. Pulled a 5 ton tractor out of a snow bank ... glad I bought the frame plates!

jcroffroad said:
Our website is up and running now. Hard to say what happened last night. Unless daryl fixed it in the middle of the night :shrug:

I love the intro to the shop and employees. Very creative!

DSCF1249.jpg

DSCF1248.jpg

DSCF1245.jpg

(and it's all mine!!!)

JCR builds the best stuffage evar, and they are awesome people to work with.

They will do whatever it takes to make sure that you're taken care of, and they stand behind their work 100%!

miketyson said:
do you need locktite or anything for the bolts? do the steering box bolts really break off that often?

Really depends on the condition of your XJ, if it has seen hard winters in the midwest or if it was garage kept weekend driver. Our bumpers that come with the UNF kit, also come with all new grade 8 bolts for the steering box.

You can locktite the stuff on, but as long as you get the bolts tight, you will not need it in this application. You do need to make sure that the steering box bolts get tightened to the correct torque rating.

Back