• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jacks Pass March 11th

I am planning having dinner afterwards, anyone is welcome to join me. As long as we stay away from the Buzz Steak House. Probaby eat in Sultan or Monroe.

Hope you guys are ready for some DEEP snow.

DRESS WARM AND BRING EXTRA CLOTHS

Don't forget your lunch.

See you at 9:00am or hopefully earlier

hards91xj said:
How many from the south and what time going north?:passgas:

Matt (IXNAYXJ) and I will be meeting at I-5 motors in Fife (exit 136a) at 0745.

i hope everyone had a good time i wanted to go but im stuck here at bangor workin, im goin crazy i cant go wheelin and my lift kit is boxed up in the garage waiting for me. friday night i should be at least 4" taller on 31" LTBs ready to test in out at tahuya on saturday.

Well it was another wonderful Snow run!!
Thanks Hans!!

I don't think there was any damage. Everyone except for Ian got a small tug of some kind at least once during the day (several needed several more significant extractions:). And Matt was the only one who got ran over!!

Ian, Very nice to meet you, you are welcome with this group any time.

All in all, another great trip with a great group of people.

Thanks to everyone for your courtesy with my kids and making Tracy (with the Grand Cherokee) feel welcome.

Michael

Well, I just got home, and I'm starting to decompress after a GREAT day of wheeling. A good time was had by all, nobody broke anything expensive, everybody got stuck (except Ian, dammit!).... Chock up another great NWC event. Now let's see those pics!

-----Matt-----

That's funny...Michael and I post almost the same message, at the exact time...wierd!

That had to be the best wheeling trip EVER. It was great, nice weather, deep conditions, excellent companions and good luck.

Here is my submission for the pic that describes our day best.

IMG_1636.jpg

Please note the strap attached to the back of Ian's rig. I not so sure he didn't get stuck too, and we just forgot :)

The Start of the day.......
fd9f3a43.jpg

bba73702.jpg

a47c58ec.jpg

b64e0a06.jpg

Hans screwing around and breaking trail
DSCF2510.jpg

DSCF2514.jpg

Mark's Daughter and friend (I never did get their names)
DSCF2518.jpg

DSCF2519.jpg

One of the 300 stucks of the day (Xjourney and Hards91 were off playing grabass somewhere)
DSCF2536.jpg

Another one.....do you see a trend here?
DSCF2545.jpg

What's a good stuck without me in it? I think I was stuck at least 8 times.
DSCF2546.jpg

Found this guy on the side of the trail trying to sell used auto parts.
DSCF2556.jpg

I learned a lot today. Mostly that siped tires really have an advantage in the snow. As always, I had a blast, and can't wait to do it again.

Last edited:
looks like allot of fun.

It was a great dayparty1: ,and it was my pleasure to show that tall narrow tires can break trail and sometimes vehicle movement is impaired.
Hans and I did have our tug fest, no pics of that show.:)

I have been spending sometime this morning looking at my Microsoft Streets and Trips Map software. And FS65 was the correct road. We were less then 2 miles away from the staging area. From the Skykomish to the staging area is 13 miles. So the "staging" area is the actual Jack Pass. Which makes complete sense. Everything else is just a bunch of spur roads.

Good job guys

What a fantastic day!

Thank you all for having me along to play in the snow - I had a blast, met a bunch of cool people, pitched a few snowballs, and learned just how capable XJs are (WOW). My membership application has been submitted and is pending approval. Hopefully I won't win the air system - I'm going to copy Michael's OBA after he generously explained his compressor oiler setup. :D

Great pics John, thanks for posting them! I'll have to send a couple out to friends so I can have a copilot next time.

As Hans and Matt explained to me over dinner, my lack of stuckage was obviously due to my not trying hard enough - next time I'll make sure I bury it at least once. :D

Thanks to all once more for making me feel welcome and for offering advice when needed. If anyone would like my digits send me a PM.

-Ian

...on his THIRD POST!!

Thanks for coming along Ian! Great trip indeed!!

Nice to have you on board and WELCOME to the NWC!

To the rest of the group. Incredible trip! I'm not sure who had more fun, the kids or the adults (or Hans :D ). I'll post pics as soon as my Daughter gets them to me.

Again, Welcome Ian.

I know I wasn't the only person out there with a camera.

Post up people!:viking:

JMotorsprt said:
Looks like a great day.

Good that no one tried to get stuck off the side of a cliff.

Howard did... He and Hans didn't have time to take pics, however.

Mike makes a clean pass on Matt:
5df0aa7c.jpg

Tried to pass Mark but couldn't quite build a road around:
AlexChristmas2005127.jpg

Breaking trail isn't always easy:
AlexChristmas2005120.jpg

Nice View, Great weather:
AlexChristmas2005130.jpg

That is really about all I have that is worth anything. Plus I have dial-up, so it takes a while to upload:
AlexChristmas2005125.jpg

Back