• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

It's that time of year again

KRAKER

NAXJA Forum User
Rockfest 2011.

We need to nail down a date and location.

Everyone I talked to today is ok with Table Mesa. Table Mesa as far as I can see is the only viable location due to the BLM rule on collecting money due to the fact that Florence has nothing nearby. We cannot collect money on BLM land. Several ideas that were brought up were: Keep Homebase camp on the usual BLM land and have the dinner raffle at a restaurant. Or use the KOA campground in Black Canyon City. We need to figure this out asap. Or we're going to have to can this years event.

So... TM y/n?

KOA c/g or BLM land?

Date? I'm going to poke around other club sites and talk to their BOD's to find if there may be a conflicting dates.

Input, Questions, comments?

well, the state does offer a lot of other options. i personally would like to see more of a variety for RF and what the state has to offer.

but then there is also the issue of the economy. the resession is still on and most of us are still on tight budgets. so where ever we decide on should be close to an area where we have members.

tucson is an area that we have members and we have not had a RF yet. that area reportedly has lots of areas to wheel. but i know that in the interest of crunch time planning, it may not be feasable. the quick and dirty method would be TM

if we were to go for tm, the raffle and $$ collecting could be done on state trust land. i believe the first air down spot may be on STL. we would have to check a map to be sure.

With the STL (unless the laws have changed) we can't host anything with more than 12 people without having to meet incredibly impossible requirements. e.g. contact info for all attending six months in advance. I want to camp at the KOA for the ease and luxurys of a shower/wifi and not having to tow those nasty shitters. I will never tow those shitters again.

Why not tow those shitters again? lol. maybe we can sucker some other chap into it.:D hopefully my heep will be towed behind my truck by then.

im not sure everyone would like to stay at the koa or what ever. especially for those with RVs and when the dirt is free- far less admenities but free. you know i have a nice warm table/bed if you want it. well, if i bring the cabover.

but in the interest of time, TM would be the best choice.

oh, could we just collect money on STL land and hold the event on BLM land?

I don't think moving a group that size for a raffle is very likely to happen. I'd like to not move the group at all just to keep the bitching down.

Oh and I'm going to have sue and kids in tow so crashing with you this year isn't feasible. I know quite a few others will have kids. I want showers and a cabin and wifi and not pawn off a tower for the shitters. it's a really disgusting job.

yah, if the koa has a spot to use for a raffle and maybe a pot luck or something that would work. would that be our base camp as well or would we be at TM? most of us would be aired down and disco'd so driving on the road may be a problem for some. how far are we talking here?

The campground has an area for the raffle/dinner and a large bbq for us to use. The c/g is 6 miles from the TM exit and they offered a 15% off group discount. There is also a pool and hiking trails. Hookups and dumpstation for RV's. I really am oushing for the c/g just for the ease of it all.

would they be ok with a group of roudy jeepers? remember the campfires (i sure dont!)

I spoke with the owner. He summed it up aas as long as we're not bothering other patrons we can have a nekkid relay race. He said he's going to keep us together as much as possible so we don't bleed into other camps.

I'm in for TM, with only 2-3 months to plan the event so that people can make plans to attend we are kind of limited on where we can have it. I'll include the Tucson guys later in the year for my hosted run. I'll try to get in a little more with some of the TOR guys and see if there are any areas that haven't been explored in awhile or something many don't know about.

thoughts on hosting at a CG?

why does everyone want to wuss out and go for a cg? would those who dont want to do the cg thing be able to stay at the old basecamp location?

Stewie stop being so subjective. Anyone can do anything they want. If you have a realistic idea that works I'm all ears. we can't have a raffle/collect money on BLM land. Setting up bank account without having our money from the old treasurer is pretty much impossible for raffle ticket presale. We can't use STL land unless we have a permit (obtained six months in advance with all attendees contact info) for groups of 12 or more people. I really don't see moving a large crowd of 30+ very easy to a restaurant for dinner. I'm pretty sure I'm going to make the KOA basecamp and anyone who doesn't want to camp there is on their own. If anyone knows where we can have a basecamp without having to move everybody, allowed to collect money, not have to tow shitters, and has showers for me I'm all ears. If no one comes up with anything in ONE week from today 1/02/2011. I'm going to make the KOA basecamp.

As far as a date Undertakers have nothing planned in March. TTORA has their annual run in TM around the same time as us. I'm going to find out when thats hapnin and we will plan accordingly. So we need to come up with a date.

Raffle prizes will you guys start soliciting the different local vendors? I have shop time doanted for the raffle at a shop that rents their repair bays. So as you can start hitting them up. Vendors like Absolute, Deset Rat, Lets Roll Offroad, Fly N Hi, etc. I will contact National for the club supplied raffle prizes.

i didnt mean to come off so strong John. my bad.

oh, and of course im gonna follow you around like a lost puppy. just so that i dont miss a chance to herass you at any turn!:roflmao:

just dont want to miss the party:skull2:

KOA sounds feasable. do we have confirmation on their discounted rates for this?

oh, and a hot shower after a trail ride does sound like a good idea. i hope they are better than the ones at slickrock though!

I'll try to hit up DesertRat, 4WheelParts, Discount Tire, Ballistic. Those are the big names I know in the area, I'll also try to get a hold of some driveshaft shops and other specialty shops in Tucson. Anywhere else I should go?

Back