• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

It's All Because Of This Critter

riverfever said:
You sir are sick and twisted.

I do believe that was established quite some time ago.

dirt714 said:
I don't understand this. Am I reading this correctly. Are you saying that YOU can't gut a fish? If that's the case I'm very suprised.

I kept ONE rainbow trout about 2 years ago. I felt terrible and did not enjoy the meal whatsoever. Everyone I talk to about hunting tells me the, "celebrate the kill, and life of the animal" deal. I always let everthing go. I would love to get into hunting and be able to become more self-sufficient (not to mention...keep the herd in check).
I know that fish don't dig being hooked...or else they wouldn't fight so hard. I also am not stupid enough to think that even half of the fish I release make it. It's a huge stress being landed.
I know this comes as a shock to you Dirt...I'm trying to become a man. I am not worthy of a Brut commercial. :laugh3:

Man, what a bunch of wussies.
My kids were taught from an early age that spiders are our buddies.
If they get in the way, they scoop them up and transplant them elsewhere.
I don't have time for the little eight legged bastards, so I just smash 'em.

I gotta agree with OT, you guys that run from spiders are wuss factor twelve. Just pop 'em like peanuts, they're crunchy on the outside and gooey in the middle. If you get 'em quick, they're still warm.

Wasps, hornets, yellowjackets and bees on the other hand, deserve no mercy. Its not aeroentomophobia if you stand your ground and kill them...

I had a crap hole of an apartment once. (Well...more than once...but that's not important). It was infested with those worthless Brown Recluse ones. The exterminator sprayed 3 times and the numbers just got worse. I would find them in my backpack while I was at class. I finally managed to get 5 of them into a 2 liter bottle and went in to the landlords office and put them on her desk. I was able to get first, last months and secuity deposit back right then.

my dad taught me at a young age to not be afraid either he always let them run around on him

but it didn't stick with me i hate them

riverfever said:
I had a crap hole of an apartment once. (Well...more than once...but that's not important). It was infested with those worthless Brown Recluse ones. The exterminator sprayed 3 times and the numbers just got worse. I would find them in my backpack while I was at class. I finally managed to get 5 of them into a 2 liter bottle and went in to the landlords office and put them on her desk. I was able to get first, last months and secuity deposit back right then.

those things are dangerous too i would have jumped state

We had hundreds of those Brown Recluses (fiddlebacks) set up shop in our x-mas tree box last year.
Dropped a bomb in the box and we still use it.
Kinda funny seeing all the spider carcasses in the bottom of it.
I left them there so that others would get the idea if they ever decided to settle in it.
You know, a little scare tactic.
Don't fug with the fiddle backs.
They're bad mofos.

i get chills readind some of this stuff

funvtec said:
i get chills readind some of this stuff

Really?

spider-wolf-face.jpg

Gil BullyKatz said:

that don't bother me i can look at them in pics and on tlc or animal planet all day, its the thought of an encounter that gets me

but thanks:(

yeah the fear factor one bothers me but the camel spider looked huge and the mouse got his ass whipped

I felt the vid with the spiders crawling outta the drunk guy's butt would've been too much...

:D

Gil BullyKatz said:
I felt the vid with the spiders crawling outta the drunk guy's butt would've been too much...

:D

now you have to post it

it seems nobody cares that you nuke'd your engine Brandon. whats next ? a Stroker?

and for the record. i hate them little fukkrs too!

Dude now it makes total sence, a few days afrter fall flog i saw a spider in my tach, and a week later my motor went bad.

riverfever said:
It's strange...I can't gut a fish or shoot a deer or do something that would actually put food on the table...but spiders get no mercy from my boot. I'm terrified of them.

Dude I'm the other way around. I'll let the spiders- unless poisionus- hang out because they eat less desirable insects. I always thought that you as an avid fisherman would be eating the fish. I know were all different but I would lose interest if I couldn't keep the fish. Maybe its because I enjoy spearfishing and harvesting mussels, clams, etc... When you spear a fish or better- a lobster nothings gonna bring it back.

Last edited:
Back