• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

It's ALIVE!

gcurtis

Shirley Temple was a nug.
For those playing at home... the stroker fired last night.

Just some notes on Clean RC's work. Motor came shiny and pretty, which I expected from Scott... he is clean after all. Motor was set to TDC, which I didn't expect, and made indexing a few steps easier. The motor came oiled, also saving me a step, which was nice. Scott's work, as always, is top shelf.

Other than the darn BCOOL radiator, this thing has been a dream to work on. If you go BCool, bprepared to fabricate and don't expect a direct bolt in. I hear others have had the same experience. ;)

The only thing left is my machine shop turning down a fan spacer for me (OBA situation), she is ready for break in of both motor and Mogi trans and a nice thrashing at Truckhaven for the holiday.

Awesome! Good job Scott! Congrats Grant. I am sure you can not wait to drive that thing again.

Awesome! Good job Scott! Congrats Grant. I am sure you can not wait to drive that thing again.

I went conservative on the build for the break in period. After that the more performance oriented stuff goes on, which should be fun.

I'm jonesing to drive it being that the jeep has been hiding in a corner of the shop for a year. I'm more jonesing to go wheeling... she hasn't seen dirt since I blew up the trans on the Nevada side of Death Valley a year and a half ago and realized the block was toast when replacing the trans. Oh, it is going to be a good Thanksgiving. :)

Im jealous and Scott indeed does great work and stands behind it. Someday someday...

I've included a photo for those so inclined.

First impressions:

Nice lope at idle...
Mogi trans shift points are nice and tight. You know when you shift into a different gear.
With the combo of motor and trans it'll do second gear chirps with ease. When I put the performance mods on I fear for my tire lifespan.

To sum it up, this thing is wrong. Oh so wrong. :) Thanks Scott!

ccrp_0611_05_z+proven_engine_power_combinations+small_block_chevy_383.jpg

Cool deal Grant. Did you cut a hole in your hood for that intake or are you gonna run hoodless?

Back