• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

it just.....dies?

a7273chargerguy

NAXJA Forum User
my jeep runs perfect all the time....except when it dies.it seems to only do it after i have been driving for an hour or so.it will die but i can start it up right after that.it has only done this 4 times in the last 2 months but 3 of those time have been in the past 2 days(snowdayz!)nothing else acts up at all,no rough idle or missing.anyone have any ideas?95 cherokee I6 auto:cheers:

Check the wiring near the power distribution center.

The previous owner spliced some wires in mine. The wires rubbed through, grounding out a 12v source.

The wires melted through and caused almost the same problem. Usually opening the hood and wiggling the wires (after I removed the splice) was enough to get it going again.

:firedevil

the jeep guy at orielys said it was the TPS.he said when the CPS goes bad it won't start again.my check engine light is not on.would you guys almost gaurantee it was the CPS? cuz the snow is melting and I'm not done playin'!LOL.I just pulled a ford econoline van out of a snow drift.it died so I started it again,it idled for a second then rumbled out,started it again with slight gas and it stayed running.please respond quickly!!!:bawl:thanx!

In my experience, it's not the CPS. It's the PCM going mad. In my case the capacitor in the PCM was not working. Can be replaced thou, just need patience.

I had a 98 dodge ram, it would stall when the engine was at idle. But if the engine ran at 1200 rpm or more it ran like it always did, no problem only when i came to 1,000 rpm or less it stalled. So i changed the tps, and still the same problem, when i changed the cps that got rid of my problem. It ran flawless, your problem sounds similar to mine. Hope this helps... good luck

PROBLEM FIXED!!!and ya wanna know what it was?about a centimeter of mud,yes mud,the gooey 8th wonder of the world,inbetween my battery terminals and the clamps.cleaned that crap off and it has'nt died since and it was running all day today for like 3-4 hours. so if you experience somethin' similar don't forget to check the small stuff first.I was about to go drop 35 bucks for a TPS!:party:check out my updated pics of today in the snow!

Back