• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

It is finally out of the garage!

yup. up the center with alot of skinny pedal!

It is too bad that obstacle is getting dug out so badly. It won't be long before the only ones who can get up the thing without a winch will be too busy in the Proving Grounds to run the trail. If you look in the trail book for Moab, there is a picture of it about 3 to 4 feet tall and a discription that says rock chucker is harder. WELL NOT ANYMORE! Widowmaker is a B!+ch!

I would be up for doing some resto work on the bottom to stabilize the approach and keep it from getting dug out. But I guess it is just the normal progression of time with certain obstacles that they become harder and harder. Kanes Creek is listed as relatively easy, but that rocky climb near the end is no piece of cake. Dump Bump gets taller every year.....

Ah well.

dirtclod said:
Dump Bump gets taller every year.....

Ah well.
Yeah... I got a bone to pick with Dump Bump. Hopefully next year I'll make it up :D
I hear what you're saying about the damage to the trails. In a way it's a natural progression and in a way it's not. Natural would be what happened to JV (Johnson Valley): plenty water and rain and bad weather and they got really hard in a matter of a weekend, while this is primarily us digging the sand while trying to get up.
In any case, maybe red rock four wheelers will do some work on it sooner or later cause it's a really fun obstacle but as you'd said, the direction it's going it's going to become too hard for no winch attempt (and unless you get a rig up top, there is no winch point)

OK I got you covered, and NICE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!! :worship:

Give me a few days and I will have you on my site here:

http://www.geocities.com/jammerjamesharmon/XJ_other_stuff.html

199776431npwpzA_ph.jpg

199777239QHUmrl_ph.jpg

199777949lXhROZ_ph.jpg

199778221mcTWSk_ph.jpg

199779486vDluDk_ph.jpg

199779770OIQhvN_ph.jpg

199779944aFrVtx_ph.jpg

199780134tgjOHZ_ph.jpg

199780295NuRFkq_ph.jpg

199780295NuRFkq_ph1.jpg

199780484IgBaFM_ph.jpg

199780710gYiOXo_ph.jpg

199783066FhqZjB_ph.jpg

199783303rDwbkL_ph.jpg

199783527gjVuqx_ph.jpg

199784067wjlsuI_ph.jpg

199784299wqJduF_ph.jpg

199784524aMITOc_ph.jpg

199784763NuZNhN_ph.jpg

199784989LSkVcp_ph.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for all the compliments! I spent 5 or 6 months prepping the axles and fabbing parts for the install. It still took almost 2 months in the garage to get them installed. I did spend extra time on side projects that I just wanted to get done and out of the way (ie remote oil filter, sliders, etc). I have three kids, so teh only time I have to work is from around 8pm to 11 or 12 on weeknights and sometimes a friday or saturday evening.

Thanks to jammerjamesharmon for posting/hosting pics for me! Much appreciated!
:cheers:

Very nice rig, thats pretty much what I want mine to look like. Full widths and 35s and still be streetable.

What size and backspacing are the rims? Do you have a good pick from the front or rear showing how far the tires stick out past the TJ flares?

AARON

Rims are 8" wide, and I think 4" bs. Not real sure on that, I will try to measure soon. As for a picture of wheel stickout, I will get one posted up tonite or tomorrow.

I managed to get a picture even sooner than I thought. Pic of tire stickout

There are a few others and comparisons to a buddies rig (dark blue). He has the same axles but used the black steelies at 7" wide and 37" MTRs. The flares are older Xenons. Pics here Look at the end of the album. :wave1:

ok i like those tj flares but on the rear why did you mount them so far forward?

The problem I had was with the door. If you try to put them on the body alone, they are really far back, look silly and there isn't much room to attach them. When you move them partially on the door, you have to move them forward to provide enough room to attach. Ideally, right on the door edge is centered, but you can't attach it there. If i were really anal about centering them, I might have been able to scoot them back about half inch, but for attachment purposes, the location used just worked out the best. I imagine it would be alot easier on a 2 door model since you would have more room ahead of the wheel well for attachment.

With full width axles, you have to have flares of some sort. When I pulled the stock flares off to do the TJ Sahara ones, the truck looked really goofy. Almost the entire tire is outside of the fender. The bushwackers may fit the situation better. But those are 300+ dollars, and I don't like the way the interior is formed. I got the TJ flares used for $50 and spent less than $10 on hardware. I am happy the way it came out. I may change to something else later, but for the price, it works.

Back