• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

It is coming back.ugly as it is.

Are they trying to kill the franchise? It's makes the Jeep Patriot look good.
They should consider moving their design studio to Southern California instead of Rome, Tokyo or whatever Jeep-hating country it was designed in.
Almost makes me wish China would start importing their Cherokees...almost.

i don't know. i am looking at it and imagining it sitting on 35s and caged. the shape pretty much mimics a race crawler chassis. sure it's intended sales is for the general public that may need 4x4 for bad weather conditions, but it has some potential. lets wait to see the full offroad version to come out, i am sure SOMEONE will build one.

Are they trying to kill the franchise? It's makes the Jeep Patriot look good.
They should consider moving their design studio to Southern California instead of Rome, Tokyo or whatever Jeep-hating country it was designed in.
Almost makes me wish China would start importing their Cherokees...almost.

Fiat doesnt hate jeep. Fiat (and fiat's CEO) loves jeep. but idk what the design crew is thinking here.

I don't like it at all but it looks like other high end cross overs or whatever they are calling them. If I look at a jeep and think it looks a lot like a high end BMW then I am sure it will sell.

What was the cherokee when it first came out, a family go anywhere wagon. What is the new cherokee, same thing with modern 'styling'. Just because we've all have taken up a liking to our XJ's doesn't mean they were ever a full on offroad vehicle or ultra suave.

If I were married with kids in an area that sees bad weather and was buying a new vehicle, I would consider it over the KIA, Saturn and whatever else is out there. Or, if some soccer mom wants to buy one to never take off road but have 4x4 incase it snows, great. I hope they sell a million of them to keep the Jeep name going, maybe one day they will make something I really want again.

/rant

"The car is almost certain to have a 3.2 V6 instead of the 3.6, for better wheel travel .........."

How does that work?

At the end of the article it states Chyrsler tweeted this is not the the vehicle that will be at the NY auto show.

I for one would be interested in a decently styled mid sized crossover with a small diesel. I love my VW TDI but the Jetta wagon is kinda gay. My kid has a patriot I think looks good, but drives like crap. Combo the two, throw a 2" budget boost and AT's. I just don't see any problems selling it.

After writing and deleting a number of responses, I find it would take a poet to truly express my shock at seeing this hideous vehicle. My words are woefully inadequate.

"The car is almost certain to have a 3.2 V6 instead of the 3.6, for better wheel travel .........."

How does that work?

Considering the 3.2l should be a Pentastar with a smaller bore and/or shorter stroke than the 3.6l, I ain't gotta clue.......

Unless it's going to get better mileage with the 3.2l vs the 3.6l and that allows them to build that thing to sit higher.......besides that, I still ain't got a clue:dunno:

I'm going to test drive it, if it fits three car seats I might buy one....might end up being the first ton swap i do :party:

If I were going to replace my XJ with an independently sprung and/or 4dr Jeep, It would be this
IMG_9979.jpg

For as much as I like the Pentastar motors, I just wouldn't buy one if it was wrapped up in that "Cherokee":doh:

Back