• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Issue with RE rear brakline

jforse

NAXJA Forum User
I recently purchased the RE 4.5" SUper Flex kit with leaf packs for my 1999 XJ. I attempted to install the rear stainless brakline this evening and it did not work. The end of the braided line where it meets the hard line would not seal. The old rubber line will. The braided line looks to be threaded to deep so the hard line flare will not seal. Could the rear line I have not be the correct one for my application? What can be done about this?
The front lines fit fine.

Might be a peice of dirt, but if not just give them a call.
When I did my 92 they helped me with a spring and brakeline issue.
( wasn't thier parts fault )
Great people to work with.

I personally think they are junk.I always thought Russel made good lines untill I owned a set.Mine only lasted 3000k and ONE trail ride.I now run jeep yj lines.....keep some spares is all I have to say.They like to break at the pressed in connection where hardline meets.

I have never had a problem with RE brake lines, they seem to be plenty good quality. Granted, I've only installed 6 of them on my jeep and maybe 25 on other jeeps over the last 4 years, so my basis for experiance is limited. :/

I agree with checking for dirt and then calling them up. They stand behind their products.

No dirt in the line. The threads in the RE line are about .100" deeper than the stock line. My stock line either has a differnet coupler on it or the RE part is machined wrong or both. Called RE and they said I would have to go through RedRock since that is who I purchased it from. Still waiting to hear back from RedRock

Back