• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is this the APC header/anyone use this one?

do you have an 87-90 renix xj? thats the stock manifold for the renix and i dont believe apc makes one for the renix

Yeah, it's an '88 renix:
Thanks for the link! That looks much better! Any advice as to where the "EGR bung" should go? Where do I find one to add?

Yeah, it's an '88 renix:
Thanks for the link! That looks much better! Any advice as to where the "EGR bung" should go? Where do I find one to add?

Most any muffler shop, you can order one from summitracing.com, you can scavenge the one from your current exhaust.

You will need to do a bit of measuring to get it where you want it.

does anyone know for certain that the downpipe will bolt directly to that one? I know I've heard it, but would be interested in "first hand" experience, if possible.

Most any muffler shop, you can order one from summitracing.com, you can scavenge the one from your current exhaust.

You will need to do a bit of measuring to get it where you want it.

The measuring I can do, knowing why I'm measuring is another story. On the stock style, it looks like it is coming from the gap between 1/2, 3/4. This one's shape is much different, obviously.
Anyone know where the sensor should be?

The measuring I can do, knowing why I'm measuring is another story. On the stock style, it looks like it is coming from the gap between 1/2, 3/4. This one's shape is much different, obviously.
Anyone know where the sensor should be?

the EGR bung is what needs to be added (not the O2 sensor) It will need to be placed where the hard tube from the intake terminates. You're toughest part will be getting everything aligned after the installation such that the tube will thread into both intake and exhaust.

the EGR bung is what needs to be added (not the O2 sensor) It will need to be placed where the hard tube from the intake terminates. You're toughest part will be getting everything aligned after the installation such that the tube will thread into both intake and exhaust.

Thanks for putting up with so many questions. So the EGR bung threads into both the intake and exhaust manifolds? I will need to fit the manifold and try to line it up nice?
Do I even have an O2 sensor? I haven't seen up past the downpipe, but I'm sure there isn't one after the down pipe.

three questions with one answer-- yes.

as for the location of the O2 sensor, I thought it was in the downpipe just after the manifold, but it's been a couple years since touching it. It's either immediately before or after the junction of the two. If in the downpipe, no need to alter anything-- if in the manifold, the bung will be there.

you will need to add two fittings, one for the egr, and one for the o2 sensor. renix 4.0's have the o2 in the manifold, NOT the downpipe. unless you're using an h.o. downpipe with the h.o. header.

you will need to add two fittings, one for the egr, and one for the o2 sensor. renix 4.0's have the o2 in the manifold, NOT the downpipe. unless you're using an h.o. downpipe with the h.o. header.

Damn! Forgot about that. I moved mine to the CAT some years back.

i just put this header on my 89. i would like to add you need to cut the s pipe and use some flex pipe to make the factory s pipe work, or use a ho s pipe.

also you need a ho intake manifold. the number 6 intake runner hits the number 6 exhaust runner and is no where near the head.

this is the apn header to the factory renix fit.
file03518628245.jpg

here is the attempt at the renix intake with the header
file03488615558.jpg

i just put this header on my 89. i would like to add you need to cut the s pipe and use some flex pipe to make the factory s pipe work, or use a ho s pipe.

also you need a ho intake manifold. the number 6 intake runner hits the number 6 exhaust runner and is no where near the head.

this is the apn header to the factory renix fit.
file03518628245.jpg

here is the attempt at the renix intake with the header
file03488615558.jpg

does the HO intake manifold line up with the intake ports on the renix head?

was deleting the egr an issue?i.e., do you have strict emmissions testing?

did you use the renix throttlebody with the HO intake or HO TB with a tps adapter?

was there any significant gains with the HO intake and exhaust?

what injectors and fuel rail did you use? HO or renix?

Thanks to the guy who posted his experience fitting the header to a Renix. While that looks like a really nice part, it is a project for another day. I'm going to go with a stock-style manifold this time. Probably that cheap one. I'll let you know how it holds up. Hopefully when it fails I'll have a bigger budget and more degrees in the old thermometer :banghead:.

does the HO intake manifold line up with the intake ports on the renix head?

was deleting the egr an issue?i.e., do you have strict emmissions testing?

did you use the renix throttlebody with the HO intake or HO TB with a tps adapter?

was there any significant gains with the HO intake and exhaust?

what injectors and fuel rail did you use? HO or renix?

on the emmissions testing i dont know. havent gotten that far into the project. just figured out why it wasnt running lol. the tb is the ho. im using a 99+ intake which uses the ho 4 bolt pattern, while a renix is a 3 bolt pattern. so i had to adapt the tps to it.
file0359.jpg

the intake swap is suposed to give a little hp increase. i figured i had to swap the intake and figured might as well go for the better of the 2 ho intakes. another advantage with this intake is the serpentine belt tensioner is way easier to work wit then the renix and early ho ones. heres a link that explains a little more of this
http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6355

the fuel rail was from a 93 ho and the injectors are from the renix.
if your interested more in diff injectors that can be used check this thread
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92236

as for the project here is the latest vid i took
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia7BklUdOyY
kinda shows where im at in the project. warning its open header so its gona be loud. turn down your speakers

o if your worried about emmissions there is a little trick on truck! its the last half of the episode
http://www.spike.com/full-episode/classix-part-5-faux/36170

Back