• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is name brand worth it?

It's a crap shoot. I had a set of Chinese unit bearings last longer than the previous set of Timkens.

I'm partial to Moog steering parts, Spicer ball joints and u-joints, and Centric brake parts. I avoid Dorman and Crown, when possible. And absolutely no Duralast.

For engine management I only use Chrysler/Mopar OEM parts. The other stuff I use what ever is on sale.

Names certainly aren't always worth it. I prefer to use reviews to guide my purchases over "names". Price can also provide enough incentive to purchase a knock off. I've never had bad luck with anything really.
There are a lot of rebrands in the automotive aftermarket too which are usually worth it.

I bought "quality" timken hubs. Didn't bother to keep the receipt because they are so good. 6 months later when they both went bad ... I was kicking myself. At almost 2 years on the cheapest advance auto hubs.

U Joints ... I have been playing around with the stock U Joints for a long time, repacking them, etc. I think I finally may have to try to find something just as good. Tried Neapco, made in the US, and blew one as soon as I pulled the lever into 4H on wet grass, idling.

When I replace the crank sensor it will be from the dealer.

Back