• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is it worth $2700

osweezea

NAXJA Forum User
I currently found a 98 Classic for $2700, but the interior is not exactly top notch, and there are a few "more than minor" sheet metal issues. The worst being the spot where a piece of metal was hit while being driven, which flung it up into the bottom of the door and the sill plate. It left quite a mark! I was just curious to see what you all thought about it. It will be my first to build and actually have to wheel with and not DD. Thanks for the input!!

1998 has air bags,side door impact beams and is the newer body style built in the newer factory. Hopefully it does not have ABS breaks or you will get a weaker rear end.

It sounds pretty good to me, especially as you will be roughing it up a bit yourself. Check out the engine thoroughly, or take it to someone who will do an indepth inspection. 145,xxx could be way too many miles if it hasn't been maintained. On the other hand, with a lot of close attention and fresh oil I got 290,xxx before my MJ died. Good luck.

Don"t do it man!!! They're insideous part animals. They're addictive. They probably cause cancer. THEY LIKE COMPANY!!! Take a warning from some poor slob who's been down that sorry path.(rocky trail, whatever,...) First its just one, on the side, in your spare time. Then it's in the garage(don't own a garage, you'll get one. Oh,... you'll,... get,... one. Then,... you see,... another one. And it's cheap!! You can get two for twice the price! Soon, you have a full time "project" in the garage, another that you "wheel" except not this month because it needs muffler bearings, and then you find,... ANOTHER ONE. It's even cheaper then the one that was cheaper then the first one,...
Trust ME: coke is cheaper.

Actually I love my Jeep(s) and I wouldn't say anything against them, even when they're not sitting right,... behind,... me. Staring over my sholder at the the screen,...

In all seriousness, Doesn't sound like a bad deal. If you are new to the game, get to know the guys down at the jeep store. A lot of the jeep mecs wheel them, and can be a great source for inexpensive parts. they can also tell you what breaks most often, and what aftermarket parts are crap.

Well, I went to get it today, and the son of gun sold it out from under me. We had agreed to 2700 and he is the one who actually called me to make the deal. I went and looked and told him I'd go 2500. He said he couldn't do that, and then I told him good luck. Less than two days later he called me and asked if I would take it for 2700. I said, yeah, but I can't get to it until next week (which would have been today). And sure enough when I called this morning to tell them that I was on my way to pick it up, oh sorry, we already sold it. I wasnt very happy at all. All that excitement for nothing.

Anywho, if anyone is in or near MI with a nice Classic, let me know!!

thats lame... guess you are sapposed to get a different one....

Back