• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Iron Rock Long Arm Upgrade

I'm inclined to agree. Once you get over a certain lift leaf spring they are just too arched to articulate effectively. The only way to fix this is to use a longer leaf spring or just don't go as high and trim.

to run 33s you shouldn't need to trim if you even just run 5.5" or 6" of lift. 10" is way high for 33s. 7.5" is still pretty high....

I'm inclined to agree. Once you get over a certain lift leaf spring they are just too arched to articulate effectively. The only way to fix this is to use a longer leaf spring or just don't go as high and trim.

Those "fixes" are def. not the "only" way......

Gaining lift from several areas allows a flatter pack,better ride and balance between the front and rear. USED RE 3.5" packs,1.5" lift shackles relocated and sitting around 45 deg. and 1.25" raised axle perches netted my old jeep 5.5-6" in the rear. It rode better than stock, had more than enough travel to level out the LA's and made everything a lot more predictable. No need to drop lift and the RE springs are not much longer than stock.

There is a reason people like RE and T&T.......

Because they have been used and tested.... and people are scared of change or trying new things sometimes!!! One day the IR setup might be up there as one of the big names.... and there will be a new company out that everyone will be scared of.... The big names didn't start of being known and widely used, they started off just as IR is!!

Last edited:
I have the 5.5'' long arm kit and highway driving is amazing... My first long arm kit and it drives better than a bone stock xj.

I find no ill behaviors in highway driving. and Ive done the 70-75mph speed for awhile.

i've got no complaints, as to date. Zero troubles with the caster adjuster, either.

Sorry to bring this back up, but I am seriously considering the "critical path" upgrade to a RE 4.5 lift. If I was building this for myself I would have no problems with it, but it will be my wife's daily driver (and toy) and my 2 year old son's primary transportation. Has anyone beat the snot out of this setup to see how well it holds up. I'm sure it is safe, but the discussion on how the crossmember mounts up to the subframe concerns me along with the caster adjustment a bit. Also the strength of using only 1 of the upper mounts. I don't want to damage the subframe as repair of that is beyond my abilities and sudden and "catastrophic" failure at 70mph is not an option. Would you guys let your kids ride in something with this kit on it? I was going to go with TnT's radius arms, but this price is hard to argue with. Is this a get what you pay for, or 5 years from now once they have built a reputation will this kit be the same price as the rest? Thanks.
-Aaron

Just curious how the IR guys are still liking their long arm kit. I have been looking at the complete 6.5" kit for $1500.00, and it seems like a great deal.

Any updates are appreciated.

John

I have had mine on since easter. Love it. Drove a few washboard logging roads recently and its like driving on pavement compared to what it was like before. No complaints.

I have had mine on since easter. Love it. Drove a few washboard logging roads recently and its like driving on pavement compared to what it was like before. No complaints.
Good to hear! Do you have the fixed or adjustable setup? (you may have already stated that earlier in this thread but I dont feel like going back and re-reading all of it. I'm lazy and tired :rolleyes:)

I went cheap and got the fixed length. Running 35's for tires and 5.5" lift and am happy with the axle location. I think it pushed the axle maybe an inch forward from where it was with the short arms on the same set up.

I was more thinking about how the adjuster was holding up to abuse.. if anything that is the weak point of the adjustables so I figured it was worth asking.

has there been any issues reported with there LA's yet? what about there caster cam thingy?

wanting to purchase there complete kit end of the month and just curious what you guys know! especially from the guys that actually use there LA's.

sorry for bringing up an old thread.

I have had there LA on for about 7 months now and it works out great. Havnt had anything break except for the greese zerk but that was my falt. It was well worth the money.

thanks alot! from the threads i have read alot of people were sceptical. but as i read the guys that designed it are into crawling so i figured it would all have to be pure beef!

how do you feel about the caster adjustment? pros, cons?

I has been beating on my IRO LA without a single problem, including that aster adjustment thingy.

The only cons that I can see that the control arm will need to be unbolted from the crossmember to grease the joint (no room for the gun to go in there)

awesome flex, clearance, beefy, functional. virtually trouble-free operation. even at hill climbing (stating that because many said the design of the links will make the front to raise lot when climbing but I dont experince that (if I do but I dont know, it dont bother me then) at all.

I'm looking to bump this thread for any more people that have purchased and ran into any problems or impressed/not impressed with your experience so far with the lift.

Its much appreciated...i'm about to ignore their kit and go treks ylink for arms instead

Back