• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IRO 3 link hitting driveshaft

MadMachinery

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed an IRO 3 link kit and the driver side arm mount is just barely rubbing against the driveshaft. I found some old threads about this but couldn't actually find a solution or fix.

The easiest would be to fab a new arm for clearance. A pic would be nice to see what your dealing with!

I will try to get a picture, it rubs just enough that it only rubs every turn of the driveshaft. I honestly have to drop it again because I messed up the caster angle so I may as well try fixing that and grinding down the bracket a bit.

Pictures work great. You can download Tapatalk and upload them from your phone.

t7j3RdY

Not a very good pic, but everything looks like there is clearance except the unknown part we can't see well.

Here's madmachinerys pic.

Looks like its barrely touching. Flap disc on a grinder should easily fix that.
8981e044d59d330d844a7d115a9462b5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The issue was the trans mount. I was using a bullet proof poly mount and apparently that was slightly bigger than the stock mount causing it to interfere. The poly mount also gave me bad vibrations, kinda disappointed I spent the money on the mounts but the jeep runs fine now. I used Anchor 2625. The lift also feels great and not much different than stock on the street.

Back