• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

iPhone 5

Whatever helps you out Dave, I went back and read that tread last night. I found it quite amusing. :) Amazing what a couple of years do to your prospective. I'm happy to say most of those people who posted up in that thread turned out to be good people, and friends.

Well I thought I give a little report on my iPhone 5.

I ordered it the morning of the release to find out they sold out in the first hour 1:01 am Friday morning. So I ended up getting it yesterday straight from Foxconn in China.

I got it all setup from the iCloud and started charging it. It did take quite awhile to down load all the stuff I had on my old 3GS with my slow 3meg connection I have at home. So far I am happy even with the map app not working correctly. One thing I did notice when I searched for Portland Oregon, They had it spelled Oregan. I haven't tested it's accuracy yet and don't much care I have a Garmin. The 3D is kinda cool my son loves that. Kinda pissed about the charge connector though. I like the new connector but wish they would have done this in the beginning. No messing around plugging it in and it's small. Though, they could have just used a micro USB to make things easer but then they wouldn't be able to sell paten rights to the after market to make accessories.

Other then maps everything works just as claimed. I used it all day today streaming iheart radio pandora and Adam Carolla also a bunch of Internet use during my breaks and lunch. At this time I still have 50% of my battery left. (my 3GS would have been dead long before now) speed tested it against my wife's 4s, The 5 is easily 2 times as fast if not faster also is super light weight.

What it comes down to.

If you have an old worn out phone and want to upgrade I would recommend it, if you want to spend the $199.00

If you have a 4s already don't waste your time just keep what you have. It does everything the 5 will just a little slower.

That's what I was talking about. It really comes down to this in the end. Do you want a phone that works great all the time with almost no hang ups

I have had an 3GS for about 1.5 years, and my experience with it is pretty much the opposite of what you describe.

It is slow. Apps crash constantly. Map software bug (finally fixed in last OS update) caused maps to hang for minutes at a time. Annoyance when the battery does die... take several minutes (can be upward of 10 minutes which is eternity when you need to make an urgent call) of charging before phone is usable again. Not to mention iTunes deleting all my contact info despite ensuring me I would have a chance to recover it after the last OI update).

And that's just off the top of my head.

Having never owned a Droid I cannot say if they are better or worse... but I cannot image it's worse.

That's my big hang up with apple. If you upgraded about every other upgrade you wouldn't have this problem. I had a 3G. Worked great new but didn't like updates to newer os's. Got a 4 and all those problems went away. Just upgraded it to iOS 6 and some problems are back.

It's apples underhanded way to keep you buying their stuff. I have never had a company that I've had such a love hate relationship with.

Actually I HATE apple. I just kind of like some of their products.

That's my big hang up with apple. If you upgraded about every other upgrade you wouldn't have this problem. I had a 3G. Worked great new but didn't like updates to newer os's. Got a 4 and all those problems went away. Just upgraded it to iOS 6 and some problems are back.

It's apples underhanded way to keep you buying their stuff. I have never had a company that I've had such a love hate relationship with.

Actually I HATE apple. I just kind of like some of their products.

I like my iPad. iPhone and iPod. I despise apple.

I like the idea behind android. But I despise their OS

You and I pretty much look at things on the same level. It's been over a week since I upgraded to iOS 6 and I can't use the iPod part of my phone. It's a problem thousands are having yet Apple is doing nothing. It's pushed me from 50/50 getting a new one to plugging my nose and going android. I'm really hoping to see many others do the same. Apple needs their nose rubbed in their pile of poo.

I like my iPad. iPhone and iPod. I despise apple.

I like the idea behind android. But I despise their OS

i feel almost the same way but i dont think i despise the android os
what i dont like is that fact that a new (the best) android phone comes out like
every 6 months and there is a great many things that i dont like about that.

You and I pretty much look at things on the same level. It's been over a week since I upgraded to iOS 6 and I can't use the iPod part of my phone. It's a problem thousands are having yet Apple is doing nothing. It's pushed me from 50/50 getting a new one to plugging my nose and going android. I'm really hoping to see many others do the same. Apple needs their nose rubbed in their pile of poo.

It's funny how sporadic the iOS failures are. My new phone everything works flawlessly so far. My wife's 4s the battery goes dead in 8 hours now after iOS 6. Now get this, I never had a single problem for the week I used my 3GS with iOS 6. Now that it deleted it and gave it to my daughter the battery dies in just several hours.

I'm going to see how long I can go without charging. Right now I'm at 84% and I've used it all day at work as a iPod.

My battery life improved by about 4-6 hours with iOS6. I've got the 4S.

Starting on day 2 and still at 56% charge. I streamed a few more hours of pandora last night while working in the shop normal texts and phone use.

Still going! Down to 25%. Been doing all the same stuff light web surfing, streaming tunes, texting,phone use as normal and it's 7pm the next day.

I do have to say I was in town today and notice the screen showed I was connected to LTE. So I gave the net a try and wow! Changing pages was almost instant.

Back