• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interview today, but got injured this morning

Monster Mopar

NAXJA Forum User
So I'm about to graduate college, as a public relations major. I was fortunate to secure a interview at the local hospital in a related field. Unfortunately while at work this morning I had a 20lbs piece of metal bracketry fall on my head, cutting it and giving me a minor concussion.

I'm now trying to decide to still go to my interview or try and reschedule it. I'm feeling fine other than a bad headache and feeling slightly absent minded.

I feel like I'll be okay for the oral part of the interview, but there is a skills test for some different desk top publishing softwares that has me worried now.

What would you do if you were in my position?

that's a tough break but I would probably call and explain the situation to them and ask if you can reschedule. tell them you are still willing to come in but feel you would be better prepared to show your skillset another day because of the accident.

just my 2¢ but i'd rather explain it than show up and have them think I don't know what I'm doing.

Yea, I'm not really sure what exactly I'm going to do right now. Just looking to get some opinions.

I was also thinking that I could still show up and explain the situation in person. Then feel the situation out and act from there. Perhaps do the oral interview and reschedule the skills test.

still, calling off an interview for an excuse that sounds like complete BS gets you application taken out of the stack... and you gotta admit this sounds kind of suspicious :D

He can't remember :wierd:

haha, I felt it went pretty good. They said I should hear something with in the next two weeks. Keeping my finger crossed. Really ready to start my career, and if I have to work for my current employer any longer I might punch my boss in the face :roflmao: Plus the wife and I have a baby on the way and this should allow the wife to stay at home once the baby is born.

call them in a week and ask if they've reviewed your application and interview yet, trust me it helps you get to the top of the stack.

send an email or letter via mail thanking them for their time. It helps a lot. then follow up with a phone call later on.

Yep did that as soon as I got home that evening. Got an email this morning saying the position had been filled. My search continues. If anyone knows of any openings inpublic relations, community relations, or anything of the like, I'd appreciate the lead.

:cheers:

Back