• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interior mods

Raingler makes it. It was $129, but you can upgrade to mil-spec at $142.

http://www.raingler.com/merch88JeepSUV.htm

I plan on doing more in the back as far as attachment points for straps and such- I have some hardware from the motorpool that would go good with tension straps to do that. That will wait until I am ready to drop the gas tank to get my seized shackle bolts out (going with the H.D. Offroad relocators) as well as pulling the carpet to see how bad my rust is to start patching. Want to collect all the stuff to do it all over a long weekend and/or some leave time.

Here was my solution for a little more interior storage.

IMG_0587.jpg

Edit: the allen bolts are now replaced by studs with plastic knobs to crank the panels down. I'll. Get a better pic tommorow

Last edited:
RescueGreen
love the gate handle clip mod you did
gonna do that

did you use self tapping sheetmetal screws to mount the handles??

RescueGreen
love the gate handle clip mod you did
gonna do that

did you use self tapping sheetmetal screws to mount the handles??

I started off using those just to make the holes, but realized it was just as easy to use e screws that come in the package. You just have to make sure you tighten them straight. Screw the first one in one of the upper corner holes tight so it holds the handle straight, the take your time screwing the others in. I just added one more handle on the other side. They work awesome to hang D-rings off of. I hung some 50ft electric extension cord with an "S"-clip off one of them. I still love it.
Those screws that come with it are solid. I pulled on each of the handles, and they aren't going anywhere.
When I first bought the handles at HD, there was another model with just two holes, but I decided on the 4-hole on because it would be stronger.....kinda how I justified using the screws that come in the bag...

Thanks.

RescueGreenXJ.wordpress.com

BrackeTron makes that bracket, in fact they are on clearance right now I just bought 3 at $1.99 a piece and they work great hope this helps

A snapshot of a few of my interior mods.
100_2762.jpg

Last edited:
Back