• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interior Door Panel

ddeadserious

NAXJA Forum User
Will 97+ interior door panels fit on 96- doors? If the christmas tree fastener things are in the right place, how hard would it be to adapt the door handle location, the armrest screw location, and the electronic switches from the old stuff?

Just figured there's someone out there who's done this or at least tried to.

Why would you want to? I don't think that it would work, iirc.

You might try OEM tech though. A lot more interior mod types there than you will find here.

I'm pretty sure they don't fit. The two dashes are completely different. They might fit on the door, but the corners where the panel meets the dash would be totally off. Know anyone with a new model? Give it a try...

The panels WILL actually fit, but the trouble is that the rods to the door lock and the latch will need to be used off of the new style door, since they are shaped completely different. The panels do not look that much out of place against the old style dash, either. Oh, and have a ggod wiring diagram to splice the wiring together.

I know it requires painting and all that, but you can actually swap over the whole door off of a 97+. You'd also have to monkey with the latch system and the wiring. Take your pick over which one is more involved I guess....you'd get better mirrors, better windows, better door seals, better window tracks, nicer interior panels......

joshv98xj said:
I know it requires painting and all that, but you can actually swap over the whole door off of a 97+. You'd also have to monkey with the latch system and the wiring. Take your pick over which one is more involved I guess....you'd get better mirrors, better windows, better door seals, better window tracks, nicer interior panels......
I would rather have the old panels anyday. I like the removeable armrest and map pockets. The later ones have that "chinsy" plastic feel to them. I'm going to find a way to put the earlier style ones on the later doors but there is a definite physical difference on the inside of the door. The main thing is adapting like you said, the armrest and inner door handle location.

Back