• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Instrument Cluster - Custom Gauges

your cluster looks nicer than stock! great job! My only gripe is why does Auto Meter (and just about every other aftermarket gauge) run all the way up to 10k? Most engines don't go past 6500rpm, save for some high performance cars (Honda S2000)

If I can recall auto meter has a tach in the sport comp Series has one that is 8k.

Last edited:
what are all the colors for the indicator lights tied into. I know green for blinkers, but what are the other colors hooked up to?

Can you send me the wire diagram you used. Also what is the brand of the indicator lights you used and about how long did it take to wire everything up?

Can you send me the wire diagram you used. Also what is the brand of the indicator lights you used and about how long did it take to wire everything up?
I just borrowed the pages I needed from a friend that had an AllData subscription, I don't have it anymore.

Without rereading the whole thread did you ever consider this unit?

NOVAK CONVERSIONS
This wasn't available at the time and besides it would only take care of the tach anyway. It is my understanding that Novak now modifies the cluster so that there is a work around to the issues I had. However, I never pursued it becasue I completed mine using the Auto Meter stuff and I am happy with it.

Where could one find the wiring diagram needed to do this mod properly with all guages working accurately?? Such a sweet mod & im itchin to do it but not without a plan of attack so to speak!!
Just bought a 98 & im missing my indiglow guages i had on my 95 so this would top that. Do ur autometers light up at night?? Pics?? Thank You!!!

Hello John D i have a ? for You How Did U Wire Each gauge? Like im askig because i just put an ls2 on my jeep a 5.3 as well but i made it carburator non of my gauges work i like ur set up i think ima du it too but no led lights how did u set up each tach gauge etc.

OH ANd aLso Do Thay HAve to BE electric? or can i run some mechanicals since i dnt run a computer anymore but i have the msd 6ls module for the carb setup please txt me asap 928 257 6784 Im guna Do This Asap

Hello John D i have a ? for You How Did U Wire Each gauge? Like im askig because i just put an ls2 on my jeep a 5.3 as well but i made it carburator non of my gauges work i like ur set up i think ima du it too but no led lights how did u set up each tach gauge etc.

I am not really sure what it is that you are doing. I am getting confused between the LS2, 5.3L and no computer thing, but I will try to help. I wired the fuel gauge into the Jeep harness. The H20 and Oil Press gauges had a sending unit that required a single wire. The tach is wired into the Chevy PCM and I used a resistor to make that work (check www.lt1swap.com for info on that) as well as the speedo being tied into the VSS circuit.

Sorry The ls engine is the 5.3 Watever sorry for the Mis understanding What I Meant Was That OK If I Buy Electronic Gauges For Fuel,Oil,Temp,Volts Where and HOw Did u connect them? And SHud I USe electronic Speedo? and RPM tach? The whats the PCM the computer? Cus I MAde MIne Carb The v8 dnt have the computer I HAVe A msd Module To Controle THe coils tho

LIKE THE FUEL gauge for example ITs canceld the oem one I have a Holley Red Pump Obviously OUtside The tank BUt I KNe the Sendin Unit is IN there If i get an electric gauge How Do i set it Up? Do i have to take the oem fuel pump out? OK The Water Temp are pretty Simple The Oil Temp idk And i have a 350tranny auto with same transfer case
How du i set up the speedo

Back