• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Input on tube fenders..

Mpeckham22

NAXJA Forum User
im looking into building a set of tube fenders for my xj for both rock defense and so on, anyways I have the JCR stage one sliders, tnt frame stiffeners and im thinking of building a front bumper from some 2x6 or 8. I feel the need to tie in the fenders to the bumper and sliders because of how flimsy the front fenders are up front after heavy trimming... Ive the the ones from hooligan off road but i still feel they would push inward pretty easy.

so to sum it all up im looking to do something for the fenders similar to this
kaoglz.jpg

does anyone see any potential issues to tying them into the bumpers and rockers? I was planning to have them only bolted to the bumper however so the bumper can be removed if need. who has done this? any tips? I would think by creating this full circle of defense down low would be beneficial to structure... anyone else agree?
i would love to hear from people who have done similar things possibly for alternate ideas.

Here are mine. The previous owner built them. I love them cause they are tough, and everybody else loves the way they look.

C9e5Za7l.jpg

lKK6ECjl.jpg

The rears are pretty basic, but tough as nails

4uLLEX8l.jpg

oEOEUfPl.jpg

I can get some more specific pictures if you are interested.

I'm interested in more shots of the front(structure and cosmetic). Those look awesome. Also more info about them if you can, thickness and such.

Haha. Didn't see the link you posted. My fenders are almost the same as erics, but not as good. I would highly recommend erics fenders, i like his much more than mine.

Turn them 90 degrees at the ends and run them all the way onto the unibody. I have hit trees hard with them and they did not budge.

1 3/4 .120 wall tube, capped with 16 gauge.

Back