• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

increase fuel mileage

2013-01-14_12-13-03_174_zpsb3955d98.jpg

I pulled the one out of the 87.

it necks the tube down to half the diameter for about 3 inches.

The simplest and cheapest mileage improvement on an older rig is to clean the injectors. The best way is to run a can of BG44K though the gas. It will clean up the injectors and get rid of built up carbon. It works better than any of the cheap stuff. It isn't that easy to find. Some NAPA stores handle it. If you can't find it, the Lucas stuff is the second best. Don't even think about using STP.

I run a can in every vehicle I own every 10k miles.

Install it where? And on a side note there is a guy near me selling an 8.8 for a 110 bucks with 3.55 gears that I'm thinking of getting

If that's the gearing you want, that's a pretty damn decent price whether it's got new mounts on it or not. All the yards around me charge $130 to $150 regular price for a rearend, I sometimes get them as cheap as $100 if it's a yard I buy from frequently enough.

If that's got mounts for your jeep already welded onto it, and is the ratio you aim for, jump on it and don't look back. Just check the welds first, I've seen some scary fab work on custom stuff for sale before.

So is that essentially like running a boost gauge in reverse concept wise. Cuz i know in a turbo car you get your best mileage at no boost

basically. Effectively, you keep vacuum as high as you can, and the engine/ECU will keep air/fuel ratio as close to stoich as it can, which results in the minimum fuel being used.

I'm on 3.55s right now... it's a dog.

They were cheap though, front axle cost me $50 from a friend and rear cost me another $50 from another friend.

If 4.10s are in the budget, get them for sure, if they aren't, 3.55s will keep you moving till they are. 5th gear will be useless and you'll be slipping the clutch quite a bit to get moving in 1st.

Back