• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Inca Inn - Special NAXJA Rates!

lesslimited said:
We'll be there, but I'm wondering about parking for tow rigs and trailers.

Would that be the gravel/dirt area up behind the Inn? Anyone know?

Whats a tow rig? Mine's driving out all 11 hours of it (hopefully).

IslanderOffRoad said:
You'll know shortly, they got back to me within 2 hours of making a reservation online.

Yep. I got an email within the hour of posting. They are booked for the weekend of the 11th so I have to find something else for the last 2 nights. Oh well, there could be a cancellation between now and then.

IslanderOffRoad said:
Whats a tow rig? Mine's driving out all 11 hours of it (hopefully).

Wow - a whole 11 hours? Think you can hold up? :looney:

After a half dozen trips or so West - and an average of 35 driving hours each way - my poor little XJ has paid its dues and earned a ride on the trailer behind it's V8-ZJ big brother.

MG

Mike in NJ said:

After a half dozen trips or so West - and an average of 35 driving hours each way - my poor little XJ has paid its dues and earned a ride on the trailer behind it's V8-ZJ big brother.

MG

I've never taken her that far before. Usually my Accord gets long trip duty. But my Accord wouldn't be fun in Moab.

IslanderOffRoad said:
I've never taken her that far before. Usually my Accord gets long trip duty. But my Accord wouldn't be fun in Moab.
I wouldn't be too sure about that :D I've always been curious how a passenger vehicle would do on Hells Revenge :D

Mike in NJ said:

MG
I think I would me more scared of the ride behind a ZJ. Tried that once and it scared the crap out of me. Not really the best tow rig out there.

DrMoab said:
I think I would me more scared of the ride behind a ZJ. Tried that once and it scared the crap out of me. Not really the best tow rig out there.

OK - I'm listening. My 5.2 with a Class IV hitch is rated at 6500. I have a nice 1200 lb dual axle, electric brake flatbed trailer available and I figured "what the heck"??!!!

. . . . the total package will be within tolerances and if I'm REAL careful coming down out of Eisenhower tunnel . . . .

I tow a boat and have a CDL-A, so driving a combo doesn't bother me, but I will admit that this will be the first time I was planning to spoil the XJ and not drive it to Utah - what am I missing? :dunno:

MG

Last edited:
Mike in NJ said:
OK - I'm listening. My 5.2 with a Class IV hitch is rated at 6500. I have a nice 1200 lb dual axle, electric brake flatbed trailer available and I figured "what the heck"??!!!

. . . . the total package will be within tolerances and if I'm REAL careful coming down out of Eisenhower tunnel . . . .

I tow a boat and have a CDL-A, so driving a combo doesn't bother me, but I will admit that this will be the first time I was planning to spoil the XJ and not drive it to Utah - what am I missing? :dunno:

MG

Nothing, you'll be fine. You have brakes on the trailer, and your XJ is likely much lighter than many of us who have a bunch of bigger axles and body armor.

Trailering, huh, Mike? What's this world coming to......? :D

Mike in NJ said:

MG
If you feel comfortable doing it...go for it.

I had a ZJ. Tried towing my jeep and it scared the hell out of me. I also have a Class A CDL.

Once you said that I felt a little better about it. Obviously you know more then most about weight distribution and what not. Still though...thats a big load for a little tow rig.

Kejtar said:
I wouldn't be too sure about that :D I've always been curious how a passenger vehicle would do on Hells Revenge :D

not too good i assume. i got a negative RTI ramp score with my Camry because i couldnt even get a tire on it i actually pushed the ramp with my front bumper. :doh:

TRNDRVR>Sidriptide. :D
IMGP2963.jpg

Goatman said:
. . . your XJ is likely much lighter than many of us who have a bunch of bigger axles and body armor. . .

Jeez, Richard - she's put on a few pounds (as have I) since my first (stock) Fall Fling excursion in 2000! You're telling me you never noticed over the years??? I'm not sure if there's a put-down in there on Jersey wheeling or not! :bawl:

And remember, I have a Turner-special front bumper - and Utah steel is very, very dense! (or, was it the fabricator who is very, very dense - can't remember). Then again, my skids and rockrails are not built of 3/4" steel plate like yours, and my 44 is just a toothpick compared to those on the Goatzilla - maybe you're right.

Anyway, thanks for the encouragement. I understood the Dr's concern about the ZJ pulling plan, and am still a bit skeptical about it. But, I see that V-8 sitting out there in the driveway and would sure like to justify it's gas guzzling appetite. And receive all those admiring glances from passing traffic as I head West with the "sorta-big" red XJ perched up on the flatbed!!! :D

Looking forward to it.

MG

Rob Mayercik said:
Well, I just put in a request to see if anything's still left, have to see what I get in response.

Well, I never got around to posting an update, but I did get a room at the Inca.

Rob

jwtrapper said:
Well I have to cancel my reservations, I'm buying a house so my vacation money is going to closing costs. So does someone want my reservations? I had the family room booked.

I am interested! Shoot me a PM with the info.

Thanks a ton! Congrats on the house!

Mike in NJ said:
There's a good view of that area in the photo gallery section of the website (when they take a pic from behind the motel) - hopefully that's a part of their property (or one we're allowed to use) - doesn't look like any room in the main lot.

(Either that, or maybe some "friendly" Moab NAXJA member wants to lease out his yard for a week???)

MG

OK, I just e-mailed Markus to cancel the week I had reserved before the Fling ( we're going to Sedona that week instead ), and asked him about the parking. He said that there is one spot per room, and we would need to make our own arrangements for additional parking.

I still don't know whether I'll be towing my 92, towing Cindy's, driving Cindy's, or driving my 94, but I would like to have all options open. Can we park at Slickrock, perhaps for a small fee? Or in one of our local member's yards?

lesslimited said:
OK, I just e-mailed Markus to cancel the week I had reserved before the Fling ( we're going to Sedona that week instead ), and asked him about the parking. He said that there is one spot per room, and we would need to make our own arrangements for additional parking.

I still don't know whether I'll be towing my 92, towing Cindy's, driving Cindy's, or driving my 94, but I would like to have all options open. Can we park at Slickrock, perhaps for a small fee? Or in one of our local member's yards?

Has anyone found anywhere else to park tow rigs and trailers? My junk is streetable so I just don't want the truck and trailer to get molested while I'm away from it.

Back