• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'm in BIG trouble and Need a lot of help

thanks for putting in positive help. Most of u guys are gay ill tell yah. All I ever get is gay critisizm, its not even constructive. So what, I made a mistake on with my dads truck and all u can do is bitch at me for. Why dont u help me out instead of put people down.

And those who helped me thankyou.:)

If you got it started after the stall, you may be lucky and only a teardown and refinish may be in order (last hydrolocked engine I saw had good-sized holes in it...)

No matter what, I would be tearing down an engine that got that much water in it - period. No guessing, no trying - get in there and see what blew up!

I also second the idea of a snorkel - make sure you put one on this time!

How difficult was the 454 coversion? I can understand why you'd do it (but I would have bought a Chevvy in the first place - I don't trust a Ford I didn't build!)

5-90

Nik said:
thanks for putting in positive help. Most of u guys are gay ill tell yah. All I ever get is gay critisizm, its not even constructive. So what, I made a mistake on with my dads truck and all u can do is bitch at me for. Why dont u help me out instead of put people down.

And those who helped me thankyou.:)

Gay in my opinion would be bright red bumpers and baby blue paint:D

Once you get a little more experienced you'll learn how silly your actions sound. By the way, if you can't take the ribbing then don't post. No one means real harm by it. I read your posting on Car Domain however where you ripped into someone who said you had a lot of money. CHILL. When you put things out for others to see you'll never win 100% of the public's respect.

Hey Nik,
This was in your first post:

"I have asked many questions on this site and always got a good answer."

This was in your most previous post:

"Most of u guys are gay ill tell yah. All I ever get is gay critisizm, its not even constructive."

:confused: You got many constructive answers. You also got very minor ribbing. You have posted here enough to know you'll get a little of both.

Lighten up a little and enjoy the rebuild,

Crunch

Why, Oh why,....

Won't this two-month old flame thread just DIE its natural death?

I only post this because after 5 days' dormancy somebody btt'd the thread. Even though the advice is sound, IMO nobody cares anymore.

-Rick

Hey fellas im sorry about this. I originally posted cuz I was scrambling on what to try to fix the truck the best I could. I was trying to figure out what was wrong and didn't want to hear about what a stupid moove I pulled. I already knew i was a dumb$#!t for doin that. I didn't mean to offend anyone and I just wanted to figure out what was wrong not hear about screwn up.:)

My bad for coming off wrong:)

I also solved the problem, it turned out the engine fubared a rod and it was letting the water and oil mix somehow and that water didn't hydro lock the engine. The fuse box shorted not letting the engine turn over and it fried the wiring harness. So all in all it wasn't as ba as i thought it was going to be bt it took me 2 months of work to pay for it.

Lesson learned for a stupid moove, . . but i gotta admit it was fun:)

And to the baby blue and red. . . .

The jeep isn't red anymore is primer gray with a clearcoat painted for a couple hundred bucks at Earl shibs:)

The red i painted and i like it so i will take the blame for making it look too nice i guess. Its just a 6 dollar can of paint and a cheap brush that did it. Works for me too.

Thanks for the correction

and crunch thanks for the advise

Sadly.. I had a 76 Ford F-250 that I had a 71 Ford 429 in and I did it up real nice from the time I was 14 till I turned 16.. I did everything to it.. I put aluminum super cobrajet heads on it, a radical cam, headers, dual exhaust with 18" glasspacks, a 512 stroker crank, crowler rods, JE .60 over pistons, I had the block sleeved and I had an engine builder place in Buffalo, NY.. umm. I think J&L automotive do some extensive engine work and put 4 bolt caps on the mains and did all the clearancing checks and such and it was a hellatious motor.. Probably had roughly $5,000 in hardware over 2 years, and probably 4 months of solid build time.. and.. of course.. unwise in my youth.. I took her out the day I got my license with only 20-30 miles on the rebuild, and took her out 4 wheeling.. Didn't do any waterholes or anything like that, but.. idling all over the place for roughly 4 - 5 hours ended up stalling her out and when I went to start it back up it made a loud thud.. I towed it home with a friends chevy (I'll let you know that was the only time a chevy ever towed that vehicle out).. and then called around looking for help.. and. I was told that it was because that was improper break in.. You're not supposed to idle the motor a lot and you're not supposed to turn more than 2500 rpms.. So.. upon tearing it down again, just to figure out what was wrong.. I had broken a ring, and seized a piston and snapped a rod.. Roughly another $1200 in parts and labor and I had J&L automotive do the complete reassembly on a bench and then they sent it back to me, and I installed it, put about 3,000 miles on it, with very light driving, usually 15-20 miles a trip for the first year, and then had it dynoed the next spring.. She wasn't huge, but she was putting out 612hp and 793ft/lbs.. I was more than happy. I was shooting for like 525hp and 600 ft/lbs.. I used her as a plow truck and for quite some time. as a daily driver.. She ended up getting sold this past summer with roughly 210,000 miles on the rebuild, and still running strong.. I just couldn't afford having such a gas guzzler..

So.. as far as the water part.. I doubt it was the water at all.. I have driven through ponds in that truck, and have came out of there with distributor caps cracked and such, but as soon as they were replaced.. she'd sputter for about 2-3 minutes, and then she'd be back to normal..

I should have never sold the truck .. The guy who bought the truck, took out the 429, and shoe horned it into a 1965 Ford Mustang Ragtop and then put a straight six in the pickup.. What a waste..

Oh Well.

It's things like these that will make you realize later on it life, why people say it's never too late to learn.

Back