• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'm a traitor.

That things pretty! All it's missing is a Jeepforum Decal and a blue smelly dolphin hanging from the rearview!

You can't see the dolphin in that pic? "Blue Ocean" scent.

NewJeep
Welcome to the dark side

Nice rig! FWIW, those transmissions do NOT like heat. I would re-gear ASAP. I have personally witnessed two of them with 35's and stock 4.10's, overheat and boil fluid out the dipstick tube after rallying up the FS roads.

Nice rig! FWIW, those transmissions do NOT like heat. I would re-gear ASAP. I have personally witnessed two of them with 35's and stock 4.10's, overheat and boil fluid out the dipstick tube after rallying up the FS roads.
No worries, he's already got some ideas in the works.

I think you should cut a hole in the floor so you can reach down and touch the transmission, that way you can tell how how it is. If it gets too hot, just blow on it.

I have another idea;

You could build a tray that straps around the transmission. On hot days you could fill the tray with ice. It would work as a skid plate too.

I think that's a great idea.

So, how'd ya like it?

I loved it. It's pretty nice inside compared to previous XJs and MJs I've owned. It felt very stable and rode great. No clunks or squeaks or any noise at all on the trail.

I can't wait to get back out on the trail.

Thanks John, that's good to know. Yeah, I can tell with 4:10s its working pretty hard. The last thing I want is another rig with transmission issues.

Oh and my transmission cooling ideas apply to XJs only.

Back