• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Illinios roll call

Hoss in IL said:
Greenville.

Hey Hale, I finally got my barn done. Maybe I can have a local fish fry this summer:cheers:
take care, Hoss

Sounds good!

Chicago would be great if it hadn't turned into a nanny-state where the govt decides what you can or can't eat...

where smoking is illegal...

and guns are illegal...

What fun is that?

As a Chicago homeboy to my deathbed...

I'll admit it, Wisconsin is much much more scenic and there's more muscle cars, motorcycles, jet skis, boats and snowmobiles...

It must be to attract the very limited amount of hot babes up here. (compared to Chicago)

A theory of course.

Used to go to DuQuoin for street machine nats. back in the day but the dummies stopped doing it. ahhh the memories. Drank a beer with a state patrolman there while girls were showin my young mind new things to dream about.

I've lived here all but 6 of my 40 yrs. I must be stupid. JIM.

You think Illinois sux...try Kentucky! I lived in Paducah for a short time and despised it. I'll take IL anyday, its always been home. TN is a distant second.. P.S. what the hell is wrong w/ Waukegan anyway!!??

seanR said:
So, you have never been to Rockford I take it?
Meh..... Rockford is a suburb of Chicago.........

cjben said:
I live in Quincy. only bad part about Illinois is Chicago!! :)

Yup....Chicago sucks....and the mayor has a leash on the governor.

However.....Quincy is not exactly the pinnacle of Illinois, at least not from what I have seen downtown at 2AM.

:D

Rev

I am really stupid....I have lived in Illinois all my life, I have a job that would let me leave....and I still stay.

Shoot me now.

Oh....that is right....we cannot shoot in Illinois. :D

Rev

Rev Den said:
Yup....Chicago sucks....and the mayor has a leash on the governor.

However.....Quincy is not exactly the pinnacle of Illinois, at least not from what I have seen downtown at 2AM.

:D

Rev

yeah, at 2 a.m. it is pretty quiet here in quincy,which is exactly how I like it. Unless it is friday or saturday night,then you better be minding your p's and q's or you are going to be pulled over and harrassed for DUI. I guess I shouldn't have said chicago is the ONLY problem in Illinois,but it and it's politics which affect the whole state are a major problem.

IntrepidXJ said:
depends where you were for those other 6 years :gee:
Augusta,Ga.
Washington,D.C.
Utica,N.Y.
Browns Mills,N.J.
Tacoma,WA.
Puyallup,WA.

The only place I would consider going back to is WA. & It wouldn't be Tacoma. JIM.

Back