• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IL: 2001 XJ 4.5" lift and 32's FOR SALE - Chicagoland area

PhunkXJ

NAXJA Forum User
2001 Cherokee Classic
59,000 miles
Flame Red, charcoal interior
automatic
power windows and mirrors, cd player/cassette, A/C, factory tinted windows, cruise control

Suspension:
4.5” Rusty’s coils
4.5” RE Leaf pack
Rancho RS9000X shocks
JKS Bar pin eliminators
Teraflex long arm conversion
RE Superflex upper control arms
JKS quicker disconnects

Steering:
Poison Spider tie rod
RE HD trac bar
Moog TRE’s
OME steering stablizer

Armor:
Durango4x4 rear bumper and tire carrier w/ hitch
Custom built front bumper (non winch)
Skid Row t-case skid
Custom built 2x4 rock rails

Axles:
C8.25 29 spline w/ Powertrax No-slip
D30 w/ Loc-right
Blue Torch Fab diff covers f/r
US Motive 4.56 gears
New axle seals and bearings when gears were installed (Jan 05)

Tires/Wheels:
Goodyear MTR 265/75/16
Cragar Soft 8 (black) 16x8
Powertraxx 1.25” wheel spacers

Misc:
Hi-angle drive shaft
RE hack and tap SYE
Optima red top battery (w/ warranty)
RE extended brake lines
Flowmaster 50 series exhaust
Wet Okole custom fit seat covers (black/gray w/ Cherokee logo)
Husky Liner floor mats front, rear, and cargo (gray)
Poweraid TB spacer
XM ready, car kit (Delphi unit only)
Custom diamond plate door sill guards
New brakes at 55,xxx miles
Mobil 1 synthetic/filter every 3-5,000 miles

Issues:
-the rear axle needs to be shimmed, I have the 4º shims, I just haven’t gotten around to getting longer center bolts and installing
-front drive shaft needs to be rebuilt or replaced
-passenger side LCA bushing needs to be replaced
-body damage, I did wheel my XJ. It's mostly on the doors, the doors all open and close no problem, they're just a little crinkled. The driver’s side fender has a 4” hole from when I had the snorkel installed.
-the washer fluid low light stays on all the time, I bought the new sensor just haven’t replaced it.
-no flares, I do have the trimmed, stock flares and retaining clips if you want to reinstall them

The XJ runs great, the new gears made a HUGE difference and it’s fun to drive again. I drive it daily with no problems. It handles REALLY well for a lifted Jeep. Offroad it’s very capable, I’m very happy with my end result but it’s time to move on to something else.

I’m located on the south side of Chicago.
Shoot me a PM or post here with any questions, I can email you pics or check out the winterfest forum for some recent pics. http://www.naxja.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=107

KBB in fair condition, private party value is $9600.

My asking price is $10,000 OBO
I want to move the XJ fast so I’m willing to negotiate.

Thanks for looking! :)

Last edited:
ok, guys... you should sit down for this one...

I am buying a CAR!
*gasp*

now get outta my thread unless you want another XJ!
:)

I'm intrested, but in Alabama. Just don't know how to work that out. Can't find your pics either.

E-mail me pics please to [email protected]

Thanks, Zach

Last edited:
If your really interested then you find someone who will drive you up to get it...only about 14 hours give or take...My husband and his brother drove up around that area a feww weeks back to get a 39 FORD.

I was thinking more along the lines of getting it shipped to me. Gas is $2.07 and going so it would probably be worth it.

ZachMan said:
I was thinking more along the lines of getting it shipped to me. Gas is $2.07 and going so it would probably be worth it.

I'll get a shipping cost for you... what about a one way ticket to Chicago and driving it back? I'm very close to Midway airport, check out airfares. It might be cheaper than shipping the XJ.
I'll email you soon.

Ok, could you hold it for me till May if sent you a deposit? I have a vehicle now my friend is buying from me in May and I just need to shed it first, but I could send you a deposit.

Yeah just shoot me some pics, I know I've seen your Jeep a few times I just want to see the damage. Not like it won't get more though.:)

ZachMan said:
Ok, could you hold it for me till May if sent you a deposit? I have a vehicle now my friend is buying from me in May and I just need to shed it first, but I could send you a deposit.

Yeah just shoot me some pics, I know I've seen your Jeep a few times I just want to see the damage. Not like it won't get more though.:)

that's the right attitude!
:D

check your email

PhunkadelicXJ said:
that's the right attitude!
:D

check your email

PM

I'm gonna pass. Found a few Jeeps alot closer.

Back