• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Identify this axle

agreed... I think... might be 60 but I'm not sure, don't have much for size comparison.

Also, that is possibly the most impressive necro post I have seen here.

tubes look kinda small for a d60... the cover bulges and tube diameter screams d44... but an easy way to find out is to ask what bolt pattern it takes...

Thanks. I was hoping it was a Dana 60, but at the same time I was wondering if Dana 40 was some sort of code for Super Duper Polished Dana 35.

When I talked to the owner earlier, he was told it was Dana 40 when he bought it. He just got back in touch with me. He called the guy he bought it from and he said it is a Dana 44 from an Isuzu Trooper.

After some research, I learned that Trooper D44's have stock disc brakes... so it seems likely.

Thanks everyone for the comments...

arent isuzu (and honda passport??) d44's 6-lug?

Ive allways wondered if you could add custom (or otherwise available) d44 shafts to use a isuzi d44 with stock wheels...

Yes, 6 lug... assuming it's the same as on a Rodeo...

I am going to do some more research on that axle. I'll post up what I find out.

I found this on Pirate:
my rear D44 is off a 95 Isuzu Rodeo...

- 58" WMS to WMS
- factory disk brakes
- 6 lug
- 30spline
- larger than normal axles that neck down to normal size.... this only helps load weight, not rotation force.
- both axles are same length

Overall, it is a normal rear D44 with the exception of the yoke. It has a flange mount yoke... but it can be replaced with any stardard D44 yoke, which is what I did...

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40162

i have a pair of stock xj d44 axles you're welcome to try out to see if you can convert it to 5 lug Mike.

Back