• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Idea for LED bar placement.

Hood glare is going to depend on cutoff / splash light & on aiming. I'd run it on the roof & see how it goes. I wouldn't want to put anything else in front of the radiator's air path, myself. You are already compromising the cooling system w/ that much in front of the grill. No need to stress it harder.

Hood glare is going to depend on cutoff / splash light & on aiming. I'd run it on the roof & see how it goes. I wouldn't want to put anything else in front of the radiator's air path, myself. You are already compromising the cooling system w/ that much in front of the grill. No need to stress it harder.

What he said.

Nice, that's one of the many, many things on my list to do.

Here's my brother's light mounted on my jeep, working on his jeep. Its the 52" Vision X, hood glare was never an issue for me.
imagekdhq.jpg

Yeah, I've only had mine installed for a week or two. Haven't had a chance to really use it in the deep dark woods at night yet. But my driveway is surprisingly dark (lots of tree cover, and no streetlights close by), and this thing's been a genuine lifesaver just getting to the street without clipping a tree! :rolleyes:

I've been kicking around painting the two raised panels on my hood with rustoleum flat back Bedliner to reduce glare.

I did this just not with bedliner. I did it just because it looks cool and some early XJ's came that way. A visor will also help with glare and I think they look cool on an XJ too. The first visor I put on took a hard hit and broke in pieces but there was no damage to the body or windshield so I guess it serves as some protection too. Led's rock and the bars fit nicely on a basket rack. Good Luck.

Gahhh, I need lighting like that for these back roads... Will the glare really be that bad up top?

That was where you had me on the road issue... Im pretty sure my backroads are much more different than yours. Still alot of critters though. last year I cleaned 12 raccoons in two months. Luckilly no deer made it into my path, hahaha

I've been kicking around painting the two raised panels on my hood with rustoleum flat back Bedliner to reduce glare.

I did this just not with bedliner. I did it just because it looks cool and some early XJ's came that way. A visor will also help with glare and I think they look cool on an XJ too. The first visor I put on took a hard hit and broke in pieces but there was no damage to the body or windshield so I guess it serves as some protection too. Led's rock and the bars fit nicely on a basket rack. Good Luck.

If they are mounted farther back on the roof that would also lessen any glare from the hood.

Wait, which light bar is this ? Vision x 52" ? Cause they are like THREE grand online. Im guessing im not looking up the one you are refering to.

Please help.

Last edited:
Wait, which light bar is this ? Vision x 52" ? Cause they are like THREE grand online. Im guessing im not looking up the one you are refering to.

Please help.

Yep, the 52" My brother got a deal on 3 of them a while back and finally sold off the other two.

pic3sm.jpg

Nice, how much was the 52"?

My brother found 3 used ones on ebay, not sure what he paid for them all. Its SOOOO bright, It would have been nicer to have the 42"

Back