• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Idea For Hoodvents!.........

$9 from sportsmens guide. Pm me if you are gonna order them i have coupon codes

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=352933&pn=2

$14 for the carbon fiber fakies .... not a clear ad, the plains are only 9 bucks for a pair. good deal 100 % satisfaction guarantee per usual policy of sportsmens guide. How cheap are air return vents at the big box ? they cant be cheaper than $3.00 each can they ? i dunno its a bargain if any one considered the home air return this is a no brainer.

hoodvents, hoodvents! those are not hood vents. these are hood vents!

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

Yeah, they are definitely vents. In one of your pics, I saw snips of a very clean engine, I guess because it gets washed thoroughly every time it rains? Nice install though :yelclap:

the rain here doesnt bother it a bit, and yes it does get washed a lot. i pop the hood and pressure wash it everytime i wash the jeep off!

comanche91 said:
Guess he has no inner fenders or liners.

Liners make no difference at all and if you had no inner fenders, nothing to attach your fenders to or the shocks and top of the coils! The whole front would collapse as is a structural member.

Gojeep said:
Liners make no difference at all and if you had no inner fenders, nothing to attach your fenders to or the shocks and top of the coils! The whole front would collapse as is a structural member.

Meant that satirically mate :roflmao:

I got a question... this past weekend my wife and I and the junk yard had a date. Needed to get some seatbelts and some other stuff... I was also looking for hood vents of some sort. The one LeBaron that had them, were already gone, same with another 'sports' car I saw off in the distance.

However, I did notice some side vents on the back of a Econoline/Dodge or something big huge passenger van. So I grabbed those (I'll get pics after work) thinking that I could use them somehow. Mounting them might be tricky... but, they're plastic, a hard kind. Not sure if it's ABS or whatever. The question is, would the plastic melt w/the hot engine heat?

I also thought about using the front long grill from an old VW bus. I took it off. It could be done if you cut it in half. But I kept searching. Then my wife spotted another vent, this one off of an older Subaru. It's a single style vent and had a drip panel below it as well so I grabbed it (pics to come tonight) kinda hard plastic as well.

Then last but not least I spotted yet another vent, this one coming from i'm guessing a late to early 90's Dodge Charger, I dunno the years produced and didn't bother to look. It was only one vent as the other side of the hood (driver side) was a hump in the hood. But this vent looks kinda like the LeBaron ones. I'll get a pic tonight.

Just curious if the hood vent from van would work seeing as how it's a hard plastic? I'll get pics tonight of what I got for more feedback.

The plastic that is original equipment is more than up to the job. The others you mention are also made from plastic. Only had trouble with the cheap ones from a store that are really meant for decoration only.

well i have given up on lebaron hood vents. everyone wants 50 bucks for em or i cant find them at junk yards. So im trying to find something else that will work for around 20.

I'll sell you my set I have sitting in the garage collecting dust for $49.99 :)

I do not plan on installing them.

Last edited:
outlander said:
Why not just do this:
**clicky**

works just as well....

did you fab the spacers yourself or buy them? i like this concept because you can take the spacers off if you decide you dont like it. if you cut holes in your hood you for vent you cant.
on the other hand, i also like the idea of a cowl induction hood. these spacers are almost a poor mans cowl induction hood. i was thinking about grabbing a hood from the JY and attempting to raise the center section a bit and welding strips of sheet metal in to make up the difference.

The vent that you saw on that charger can be found on 85-87 shelby charger or 87 glhs. The omni also got them on glhs and glh. I know about them since I owned 85 shelby charger. The drip tray on a SC is welded to the hood on the underside.

Here my old vent setup. 84-86 dayton turbo z vent.
2523955_46_full.jpg

On cowl induction, do the opening turn backwards towards the windshield or forwards as in RAM air effect? :dunno:

5.2poweredxj said:
The vent that you saw on that charger can be found on 85-87 shelby charger or 87 glhs. The omni also got them on glhs and glh. I know about them since I owned 85 shelby charger. The drip tray on a SC is welded to the hood on the underside.

The drip tray on my 87 Shelby Charger was only spot welded in 2 spots. The rest of it was held on with panel glue.

FordGuy said:
Has anyone seen Ford GT500 hood vents being used?
07.ford.gt500.conv.500.jpg

The first question I would have is are they REAL vents or just cosmetic.

Back