• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I want your opinion

The guage pod is from Autometer, I've got the same thing. Correct me if I'm wrong Dew, but you are running the Autometer Cobalt Digital guages for volts and amp temp, right?

RokRdy said:
Are the gauge openings standard size? I don't want the gauge pod for audio gauges, but for oil temperature, exhuast temperature, etc.
right, they are autometer 2-1/16" cobalts, each gauge was 100$ off ebay, i got the pod off ebay too, got it for like 8$ but it didnt come with hardware, the pod just screws into a-pillar but i knew I was molding it in so i just got that one- i think a company called mako sells them for the xj for bout 30 on ebay.

Last edited:
Osprey413 said:
Hah, luckily Jeeps aren't too expensive. Think what it would be like if you did that to something like a Porsche or Land Rover. Then your parent's would be really ****ed.
lol, if I had a porche or a landrover, I'd sell 'em and buy a couple Jeeps

I think the stuf thatyou did on the interior looks great. However in my case I have a conflict with having a street and trail rig combined in one truck. there will come a time when eather one will win out. that is whyi hava a separate trail rig and leave the Bling for the street. good work though

I like the idea of the kick speakers, but there is already no room for the drivers feet, where do you put your left foot with the speakers there?

XJJack said:
I like the idea of the kick speakers, but there is already no room for the drivers feet, where do you put your left foot with the speakers there?
Im 6'2" and really dont have a problem with it- just a natural seatin position i recon- have to beat the crap outta my friends when they jump in for the first time though- so thats a downfall
- keep em comming, what would you like to see next as far as what you see in the pics- remember im not showing anything behind the drivers seat yet..

Looks awesome!Speaking of stereos what would you recomend to replace the rear roof speakers?

ridgerunner said:
I think the stuf thatyou did on the interior looks great. However in my case I have a conflict with having a street and trail rig combined in one truck. there will come a time when eather one will win out. that is whyi hava a separate trail rig and leave the Bling for the street. good work though
Ive reached that point a couple of trips ago.now mi XJ is more like Ding bling.Wife is always complaining about the dents and scratches. :wow:

Brian Felts said:
Looks awesome!Speaking of stereos what would you recomend to replace the rear roof speakers?
Well, what I did (I'm still not finished with this part yet- almost ready to paint)- since the whole thing was already covered in cloth, I just threw some resign on it, let it harden and then put a few layers of f-mat on it. Took some mdf rings and glued those to sound bar- but at more of an angle than stock- using rings also increased the mounting depth. I cut some 1/4 crap board just to get a base to build off of and with that sealed off the back of the bar. So, I'm left with 2 seperate, sealed enclosures for 7" 'bahns. - and of corse everything is finished off molding with bondo etc etc etc etc and etc- If you want detailed finishing teqnuiqes pm me.
Heres a link to the front speakers you've already seen: http://www.cardomain.com/item/ABNABC5002Q
and heres a link to my rear speakers that will go in sound bar:
http://www.cardomain.com/item/ABNABC6002Q

Pay close attention to the RMS value for these- I wish they made spare eardrums- Jay

I have no means of building a cage- so I hope to buy one. My question is If i get a pre made one, will interfer with the kick panels? I've got some money saved up to get the tan and black mastercraft seats to go with my interior and dont want to run the stock seat belts- so 4-point is what im plannin- need bar behind seat to mount shoulder straps too- so while Im at it I want the whole cage- so I need to know about clearence for my gauge pod, kick panels, and rear speaker bar that spans the roof.

From what I've seen it looks like the interior cage will get in the way of the kick panels and possibly the A Pillar. You could do something like a semi cage, and only cage the back part of the jeep, but I don't know how strong it would be if you actually flipped. Then again, I don't think you will drive your jeep hard enough to ever flip it in the first place. Your choice.

Back