• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I started a few petitions...

Yeah. I feel like an "Expatriated American" here.

If it weren't for the asininity coming out of Sacramento and the general Leftward lean around here, I wouldn't mind overmuch. I love the availability of microclimates that can be found with a day's drive - mountains, plains, lakes, rivers, beaches, deserts, snow, ...

But, I feel like there should be a passport tucked in behind my driver's license whenever I go anywhere.

You can imagine what political discussions get like, if I get involved. Oddly, I'm the only one that remains calm (showing that "leaning to the Left" tends to be emotional and reflexive, while "leaning to the Right" is more rational and contemplative.)

That's why I've changed my location to "Hammerspace" - I've long gotten tired of being accused of being "Californian." I'm an American of Scottish extraction who happens to be in California. Frankly, I think CA should be split into three states:
- San Angeles (SF Metro, LA Metro, and possibly the northern parts of San Diego. Include University campuses.)
- Northern California (Norfh of San Francisco, not including the North Bay Area - Larkspur and the like)
- California Valley (the Central Valley - where the farms and livestock work, and people can actually think.)

Then, allow San Angeles to secede from the United States and go on their merry way - just let my wife and me escape first (we promise we "won't bring California with us" - we actually will be leaving because we're tired of California!)

Ex: California had the only city which has a law specifically addressing nuclear explosions: the City of Davis, CA has a law forbidding "the detonation of nuclear explosive devices within City limits."

The fine? $500. Considering what has to be put into funding research into nuclear ordnance, that would barely qualify as a line item under "field testing." It would be worth it to erase UC Davis anyhow... Pay whoever's left the $500 and call it a day...

("Hammerspace" is a known principle in cartoon physics - relative to the "portable hole" found in fantasy gaming. Often used by characters who lack pockets, but also applies to characters who pull improbably large objects out of pockets that are obviously too small to hold them. When they produce such an object, they've reached into "hammerspace." Named for the stupid large wooden mallets that Bugs Bunny would pull out of "pockets" in his fur...)
I think i've lived in San Diego County for almost 8 years now, and i dont think i know a single Leftist. Not sure if i've even met one. I'd say at maybe 50% of the people i know are "DEY TERK ER JERBS!!" right wing blow-hards, the rest just think the whole system is crap and are impartial or Libertarian. San Diego County as a whole is mainly conservative. The city has it's fair share of liberal areas but that makes up a small part of the county.
Please don't lump us in with L.A. or SD city. We hate the BS as much as you do.

I think i've lived in San Diego County for almost 8 years now, and i dont think i know a single Leftist. Not sure if i've even met one. I'd say at maybe 50% of the people i know are "DEY TERK ER JERBS!!" right wing blow-hards, the rest just think the whole system is crap and are impartial or Libertarian. San Diego County as a whole is mainly conservative. The city has it's fair share of liberal areas but that makes up a small part of the county.
Please don't lump us in with L.A. or SD city. We hate the BS as much as you do.

think you have lived? you guys legalize weed? :laugh:

Back