• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I Need Help Now, Please What Is The Special Tool Required Here!

fdsa487

NAXJA Forum User
What is the special tool required to disconnect the line that is the transmission fluid line return line? Can i get it at Kragan and what is it called? I know 99% of the guys that work there are retarded so they will not know!!!

at the rad??? on mine i just pushed the line in as far as i could then squeezed the little white plastic tabs together. i had to wiggle it just a bit to get it to come apart.

tbear said:
at the rad??? on mine i just pushed the line in as far as i could then squeezed the little white plastic tabs together. i had to wiggle it just a bit to get it to come apart.
x2

What year is your Jeep, I had to go out and buy a tool to separate the two on my '98 a few weeks back from the local CarQuest. I got the tool that is made for 3/8" (I think) Ford and Dodge truck fuel lines. Didn't work the best and is wasn't cheap by any means (about $17 for a piece of funny looking aluminum but it did the job ok.)

bjoehandley said:
What year is your Jeep, I had to go out and buy a tool to separate the two on my '98 a few weeks back from the local CarQuest. I got the tool that is made for 3/8" (I think) Ford and Dodge truck fuel lines. Didn't work the best and is wasn't cheap by any means (about $17 for a piece of funny looking aluminum but it did the job ok.)

Mine is an 00' I think that is what i need. THANKS!

bjoehandley said:

I bought a plastic one for $4. It came with 5 sizes to cover all of the different lines. Seems to work as well as something that cheezy would work..

tbear said:
Some of the newer ones work the same way but there's no tabs, you have to get the tool that goes inside the connector and
releases the tabs

The plastic wrap around tools work better than the metal ones. The plastic ones usually come in a four pack. A different color for a different size. Before I knew this tool existed, I cut a hose clamp strap down to match the diameter of the joint. I pushed the strap in the joint around the circumference of the fitting and then pulled it apart.

Back