• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I might run 33"x 12.5"s ?

i run 33x12.5s and I have stock jeep aluminum 5 stars with no trimming and the only time i rub is in full turn on my lcas. I have about 5" of lift

Get those 33's on there and you will be all set. do you want me to look into those American Racing black steelies for you?

Get those 33's on there and you will be all set. do you want me to look into those American Racing black steelies for you?

Kieth has a set for me thanks Joe. Im gonna try them on soon hopefully, wont be running em probably until i get some deeper gear.

that's cool..What gear u thinking of going with?

that's cool..What gear u thinking of going with?

deep as I can afford, 4.56 seems more affordable, since there aren't as many options for 4.88's for the 8.25.

4.56, 4.0 and 33's are a good combo. Most of the guys I know are running that combo and it works great.

Have you decided on a width yet? I'v run both 12.5's and now the 10.5's. I wont go back to the former.. love the skiiny.

Have you decided on a width yet? I'v run both 12.5's and now the 10.5's. I wont go back to the former.. love the skiiny.

Ive got 33" x 12.5's & Im gonna mount them up next week hopefully, & why not go back? haha

Well so I decided to try on the tires. Keith (MDXJ)hooked me up with some rims & mounted them up saturday. I took them for a drive around & they rode just fine, little more stable than the smaller tires. I definately dont have deep enough gears to be running them just yet though, just a bit hard on the clutch & trying to use overdrive. They fit perfectly with the lift, all I think I will need to do is some trimming up front & maybe move up the flare. So as soon as I get the gears set up Ill put them back on.

little before after
3133.jpg

scan1120.jpg

scan1123.jpg

scan1125.jpg

Looks nice with the 33's. That's the pisser about running 33's, time to regear if you have any love for your transmission or engine.

Lookin good. 33's fit right in..Nice work!! Next up..Gears..

that looks really good
:yelclap:

Thanks all, I definately like the look & ride. I may be in need of a brake upgrade now too, seems that you definatley need a safe following distance to be able to stop in time.
My OEM tire carrier is gonna have to be modified too if I want to carry that damn tire. The stock bumper is too slinky & flexes alot under the 31" spare. When I go wheeling it will fit inside on my deck thing, just no one will be able to sit in the rear seat because it will hang into that area.
scan1036.jpg

I was kinda diggin the OEM rims.

Ha honestly I hate those rims, because I keep breaking the centercaps on rocks & things, then they start to wobble & make noise. The backspace is also less than desirable. The 33's barley rub the control arms at full lock, but I have yet to flex the suspension.

Also does it make me lame to run a/t tires??? haha

It looks great with those 33's, more like a big boy jeep, nice job!! As you know I have approx. 4.5", more like 5.5", of lift and I run 33x12.50x15's w/ 4.56's using 3 hockey pucks per side. The gearing I used really helps this thing run like a raped ape. My wheels were backspaced 4" and they don't rub, they just come very close. I used a Rubicon TJ rear flare on the front of mine and have some regular TJ front flares to use on the back, tire coverage is perfect. Oh and as for stopping, the hell with a safe distance in front of you, just get a louder horn!!
Hopefully see you at Rocktoberfest!

It looks great with those 33's, more like a big boy jeep, nice job!! As you know I have approx. 4.5", more like 5.5", of lift and I run 33x12.50x15's w/ 4.56's using 3 hockey pucks per side. The gearing I used really helps this thing run like a raped ape. My wheels were backspaced 4" and they don't rub, they just come very close. I used a Rubicon TJ rear flare on the front of mine and have some regular TJ front flares to use on the back, tire coverage is perfect. Oh and as for stopping, the hell with a safe distance in front of you, just get a louder horn!!
Hopefully see you at Rocktoberfest!

haha "raped ape". Anyway is there a difference between a regualr TJ rear flare and a rubicon rear flare or a sahara rear flare? I hate those fender flares with the corner marker in them, I believe that is a YJ front. The 33's stick out in the front though so I will need a solution.

haha "raped ape". Anyway is there a difference between a regualr TJ rear flare and a rubicon rear flare or a sahara rear flare? I hate those fender flares with the corner marker in them, I believe that is a YJ front. The 33's stick out in the front though so I will need a solution.

There is a difference, the rubicon rear flare is wider than a regular TJ. I have a set of both and the regular TJ rear flare is about 3 1/2", and the rubicon is about 4". With the way the nose tapers in on the XJ the rubicon flare gives me perfect coverage. I agree with the front TJ/YJ flares they don't, in my opinion, look right so look for a set of rear flares and you'll be set.

the 33s look good I am moving from 31s to 33s in the spring, I like that shelf you have in the back I am gonna be building a removable rack like that over the winter.

the 33s look good I am moving from 31s to 33s in the spring, I like that shelf you have in the back I am gonna be building a removable rack like that over the winter.

Yeah man it works really good & its just mounted with some angle & is completly removable. With a 33" the tire will be hanging into the rear passenger seat a bit, but not worries, can at least have 3 passengers.

The only issue I have with it, that was not anticipated is that I cannot fit a normal cooler under it. It will fit on top & block all visibility. It would be best to make it out of like a 1"x1" square tube to be a lower profile. I am thinking about cutting it in half I dont know, but I have my spare parts hanging under it.

scan1039.jpg

Back