• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I lost a friend today

Jeeeze...now I feel real bad I don't have the digital equipment or a scanner (hmmmm...I wonder if this new printer has a scanner function...) You should all be able to see Chevy and Angel. The coolest dogs ever......

I just went through the same pain a few months ago. I got alot of comfort and compasion from alot of the same folks you are here at NAXJA. They are great. My black lab Josie was one of the NAXJA regulars and my 4 wheeling best friend. Alot of folks here knew her. She developed cancer and lasted about a month after discovery of the tumors. It is not an easy thing to do but you know what will be best when you look into their eyes. It's really frustrating to know that animals will not last as long as we humans. I think its Gods way of helping us to expierience and deal with death. I'm 53 years old and I still cry when it comes to the animals being put down and I have seen alot of death in my lifetime. Hang in there and learn from the expierience.

I took the poem below and made a special copy, a picture of Josie wearing one of my regular 4 wheeling hats from last years Fall Fling (thanks Danno) and framed it. I have it hanging for my memory.

You will have some good laughs and a few crys but you will always have the memories. Hang on to them.

I waited to get a new dog and I have been blessed by this great organization again by the fact that Keith and Shelly Orr, better known as Casper, delivered a new puppy from their yellow labs litter. We received her in Moab for the Fall Fling. We appropriatly named her Moab with the insistance of many that attended and her nickname is Mo. She has filled an empty space in our home. You will know when the time is right. Trust your instincts and feelings
Take care and make something special out of this expierience.
I'll be thinking of your loss.

Mil (GRNT) Thornton

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Back