• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I just got a $535 ticket

NickThePyro

NAXJA Forum User
Mainly in part to having no mud flaps and not having time to mount my plate on the front. Go Washington :puke:

Where'd you get it at? I have been lucky lately... I have a '93 5.0 Mustang with no front plate... I've been pulled over like 5 times for no front plate. No ticket yet. Must be living right lately.

Mainly in part to having no mud flaps and not having time to mount my plate on the front. Go Washington :puke:

I got the same one several years ago for the same violations...except mine was $300 or so and reduced to half that when I showed up to court (didn't contest, I just went to talk to magistrate). Only vehicle equipment violations I ever had and I fixed both in about 15mins. :dunce: Dumb, preventable stuff.

Sorry Nick (n)

I got pulled over a few times in the Kent/Covington area with my old XJ, for the no mud flaps, sucks you got such a big ticket.

-Adam

Where'd you get it at? I have been lucky lately... I have a '93 5.0 Mustang with no front plate... I've been pulled over like 5 times for no front plate. No ticket yet. Must be living right lately.
I was driving along a long open stretch of road in the back of a neighborhood but there is no houses there, it just cuts off into culdasacks. He was hiding behind a fence on his bike. I know over 100 people who have been pulled over by this guy, he hangs out right by my school and he pulls over eveyrbody. The cop is a huge dick, he just walked around my car looking for things wrong. Thank goodness I had bushwackers on. Then he thought he knew his stuff and saw the holes for the fairlead mounts on the bumper and said the plate bolts here. I explained that it doesnt work and he told me to drill holes in it and just bolt it on tonight. Worst thing is I had my plate on my dash and he didnt care that I atleast tried. I cant wait to move in 7 months to a state that makes since, not a big law filled liberal crap hole run by Gregwhore.

Sorry for ranting, im just pissed as hell right now.

can you say power trip? No flaps, wtf do they charge by the tire? I remember cops like those back in the day. Fix everything and then when he keeps stopping people for petty crap, go see the city attorney and file a complaint. Then if he stops you more, up the complaint to harrasment , works really well.

can you say power trip? No flaps, wtf do they charge by the tire? I remember cops like those back in the day. Fix everything and then when he keeps stopping people for petty crap, go see the city attorney and file a complaint. Then if he stops you more, up the complaint to harrasment , works really well.
Yeah he is like the cop at evans creek, definate power trip. Im going to get it talked down to $195 if I get my plate installed and flaps installed. front plates and Flaps are not needed IMO, not all states even require them.

You know... I get pissed when I hear about cops that just seem to harass 4x4 pilots... Like the guy up at... I think Evens Creek?... Don't they have some damned strung out tweakers they NEED to be going after. Or how about some dead beat dads that could use some attention.

I understand the need for your rigs to be safe... I get that. But come on. It gets to be profiling... At least profiling the vehicles. Not so much the drivers. But at what point do WE, as a group of 4x4's, get to call time out and hold these officers accountable for there ticket writing practices? What do we have as options or legal means to stand up for ourselves? Cause you sure as hell cannot make a point or a stand to the officers as you'll just earn yourself another ticket.

I find it frustrating. Once, while getting pulled over be a cop, I asked for a supervisor to come on scene of the traffic stop. I felt that the officer was NOT being fair OR rational. I was being cited for loud exhaust, lowered car, altered lights, and loud stereo. I was non to pleased as the stereo had not been one for about an hour, the exhaust was only loud if you had the car wound up and I had not done so.

When the supervisor should up I was asked to step out of the car to talk to him. As I was talking to him the other officer decided to search my car. In the glove box I have a small airplane bottle of whiskey... In the center console I had a CURRENT prescription bottle of muscle relaxers for a L&I claim. These the meds where sitting on the L&I paperwork. I was immediately cuffed and placed into the back of the cop car!!!

I was on scene for TWO hours before they let me out of the cuffs... This was after they had a police dog go through my car. Stripped part of the interior out, and gutted the trunk. I was still cited for the a fore mentioned violation AND cited for the alcohol in the car. THE BOTTLE WAS SEALED and over three years old!!!

I was allowed to leave. I had to reassemble the car myself, in the rain, at about 9:00 pm in BFE. The cop just sat in his car. Once I got going the cop followed me for about twenty miles, RIGHT ON MY ASS.

I was not but nice and polite the the officers the whole time. I never yelled or said anything disrespectful. I'll tell you one thing... I'll never ask for a supervisor again! To this day I have not idea why I was treated so badly. And this was by the WSP. I 'might' have expected it from a city cop or something but not the WSP. The judge dropped all of the tickets except for the headlights ticket... So instead of a $1400 ticket I had to only pay $120ish ticket.

Sorry for the rant but this is getting out of hand. I have heard of way too many instances like this and Nick's. There has to be something we can do. They are not above the law. But I have no idea how to punish them WITH the law.

Tim

Yeah he is like the cop at evans creek, definate power trip. Im going to get it talked down to $195 if I get my plate installed and flaps installed. front plates and Flaps are not needed IMO, not all states even require them.

The magistrate I talked to seemed to like the idea of me spreading the word about what the law was. :thumbup: I didn't go around bad-mouthing the cop for doing his job...except for the part where he said I gained almost 2 miles on him in a few mile stretch (we got on the highway at the same time). He tried to use speeding as the basis for stopping me. I did the quick calculation and asked him if he really thought I was going over 150mph. Just fix the crap, it's not hard. Front plate still required, it says so right on your registration. :) If you need help I live in town and would be more than happy to help. Learn from it and move on. :)

I got pulled over one night after muddin all day. The cop walked up and said "You need a car wash!" Long story short he just let me go. (original pull over reason the plate was for my other car, I told him its Friday and the secretary of State is closed. I will take care of it Monday...Have a good night.)

I got a ticket in September. Guilty as hell, but it got thrown out. Get an attorney. I'd rather pay them the $525 than give it to the rejects running this state any day.

If the attorney is worth a crap, they'll offer a 100% refund if they fail. Plus, you aren't required to go to court. It's win, win.

Damn getting pulled over for lights, no plate!? Man I was following a cop after wheeling today for about 10 min...I was pretty worried he'd get me for no front plate (it was falling off at Reiter so I took it off) and my lights (I could tell they were shinning in his eyes...since they arn't readjusted) but luckily he kept going and took off. :-/

~Scott

speeking of that cop last time i went up there a few weekends ago i got about a half hour lecture and measurments showing how barelly illegal my jeep was, probly the most rediculous how the front bumper is supposed to go down to the center of the hub.

one of the worst areas to drive threw is probly black diamond though a cop in a undercover black charger pulled my friend and me over in his old xj. he said when he pulled out we went in access of 90 mph before he got to us and my friends jeep could hardly even pull 60

Back