• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I hate wasps

Thanks for entertaining me during my morning coffee, guys. They seem to like my perpetual yard art skid steer -- which now has a functional engine, functional gear box, functional starter, functional battery and has been re-wired (and briefly started), but still does not move. Bastards.

We use the phermone traps, and I have had similar results to Yella with brake clean, but only the chlorinated formula...

Using the wasp spray...it would kill those on the nest and soak it, and when the other would return later it would kill them as well when they landed on it. That way there wasn't a whole crap ton of wasps flying around endlessly looking for their nest.

This is why you gotta get em at night. They return to the nest and are a little less active with the cool of night and the darkness. Kill em all at once. That wasp killer takes too long to kill them, and there is no guarantee enough will be left on the paper cone to kill the ones that return, it volatilizes off fairly fast.

You shoulda just burned that whole damm shed down.

Anything with more legs than wings that lives in a nest is not good news.

Yeah I like to use brake clean also. I always have some around and its flammable.

I get them in the parts jeeps and shed all the time. Nothing worse than reaching into a door, or under a dash and getting a bunch of angry wasps flying out at you.

Hows the CJ looking for nests this year?

c'mon now, Sam, the bastards' bee cousins are pretty beneficial, ya know with pollination, honey and all that stuff. :D

c'mon now, Sam, the bastards' bee cousins are pretty beneficial, ya know with pollination, honey and all that stuff. :D

Thats a hive, thats different.

Let me expand: A hive or organized, orderly, it has a set of rules, it is a productive society.

A nest is like a hovel, sure its sort of built, it works, but its infested by demon spawn that pops up, spreading and multiplying like a plague on my backyard car storage.

Wasps are little yellow and black terrorists that come over the border and set up camp and then build a little mini degenerate community nest. Its not even orderly, just turns into a big amorphous blob. Disgusting really.

Last edited:
funny-pictures-auto-wasp-joke-479737.jpeg

funny-wasp-scary-big.jpg

funny-picture-bee-vs-wasp.jpg

I strive to be this guy:

ffb8cb742ecd9c25d392f29eb776189d1662b15bea4cc3e21444a4bf393186ce.jpg

Last edited:
ROR. Love it!

Brake clean does do wonders! My worst fear is anything that won't die with brake cleaner. :D

Have a problem with mice? Spray them with brake cleaner. They will start running into all the traps. And if you don't have traps they will just sit there and look at you. And you can pick them up by the tail and throw them outside and you will never see them again.

Only if you want to get hit with a feloney animal abuse charge... Sorry, I love mi gatos.

Foxes, by the way, make cat caterwolling sound like music.

They do indeed, man.

Thats a hive, thats different.

Let me expand: A hive or organized, orderly, it has a set of rules, it is a productive society.

A nest is like a hovel, sure its sort of built, it works, but its infested by demon spawn that pops up, spreading and multiplying like a plague on my backyard car storage.

Wasps are little yellow and black terrorists that come over the border and set up camp and then build a little mini degenerate community nest. Its not even orderly, just turns into a big amorphous blob. Disgusting really.
Paper wasp hive. Yes, I visited at night. All I had at the time was PB'laster, and a shop vac. I win.

99ed9a7b.jpg

But really, that's a good looking nest...Just hit it with some clear paint and leave it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Back