• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I can ask stupid questions here can't I?

Jump This

Just another minion!
So the compressor and plasma cutter arrive today...I'm kinda' jazzed and start looking thru all the literature (okay...so I'm old!) With the compressor I bought a filter (water) They sent me a cool three way system ( I think a three way would be just great :laugh3: )
Butt....with the plasma cutter being run down line from the oiler (no.3# on the three way) I'm thinking if I use it (the oiler) I would need to add an additional in line filter, just before the cutter, to filter out any oil from the line.....
Wouldn't I???
Rick R :sunshine:

No Water,No Oil,clean and dry as possible!

Yup...no oil or water - clean and dry.

The oiler that you have is best installed further down the line before your tools that need oil for lubrication. For the most part, the cleaner the air you put to it the longer your consumables will last.

I have plenty of experience with them and my best recommendation is to run two water filters in sequence. Get the style that uses replacable rolls - I got an extra one so I can swap them in and out. Once the one closest to your tank gets moist, swap it with the one closest to the plasma cutter and put the dry in there. Take the wet one out and stick it down by the furnace for a day or two. The filter (some look like toilet paper rolls) will dry out and be ready to be swapped back in.

Make sure you take into consideration the flow drop you get from each filter and if you still have enough CFM you should be cutting on your consumables as long as possible.

A furnace?? What the hell is a furnace?
Oh wait....you don't live in the desert.....we don't have
furnaces here!!
I think I'll just leave it outside the garage door for a
day or two!
Thanks...just bolting in the new compressor tomarrrow and
then will start the finish work on the down line outlets!
Rick R :sunshine:

Back