• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hunting Ethics-

I don't see your point.

What part didn't you like? The White hunters with their trip ropes and high powered rifles, or the natives hunting game enmass armed with nothing more than spears?

I heard no commentary, just "Out of Africa" by Toto.

Ron

Zuki-Ron said:
I don't see your point.

What part didn't you like? The White hunters with their trip ropes and high powered rifles, or the natives hunting game enmass armed with nothing more than spears?

I heard no commentary, just "Out of Africa" by Toto.

Ron

I'm not sure I have a point- but it's interesting to see the differences. The white guys kill game for sport, but do it very quickly. Natives kill for food but do it brutally. Hmmm.

I only agree with hunting in certain circumstances. Hunting for survival and population control are reallythe only two kinds that I understand. I don't, and never will, consider hunting with a high powered rifle a "sport". Especially from a friggin helicopter or veihcle. Pansies.

Dvipercop said:
I only agree with hunting in certain circumstances. Hunting for survival and population control are reallythe only two kinds that I understand. I don't, and never will, consider hunting with a high powered rifle a "sport". Especially from a friggin helicopter or veihcle. Pansies.

The hunting from a helicopter WAS population control, petunia.

Just using a rifle or shotgun does not take the sport away from it, it's not a magic wand that gets you anything you want. It just helps.

SCW said:
Just using a rifle or shotgun does not take the sport away from it, it's not a magic wand that gets you anything you want. It just helps.

Give the deer 300 yards away with his back turned that same advantage and then we can talk.

I am by no means a "green peace" advocate. I just find more courage in facing an animal with nothing more than a sharp stick and hopefully fast feet, than I do in shooting one from a tree stand 100 yards away while it absentmindedly wanders through the forest.

And population control on elephants?? I highly doubt it. Coyotes, sure.

Dvipercop said:
And population control on elephants?? I highly doubt it. Coyotes, sure.

Yeah elephants, really! Elephants are endangered on the whole, but in many sub-Saharan countries the population is too dense and the elephants destroy farms and towns. Good job reading more than this stupid board, lol.

The film is from an Italian "documentary" called "Savage Man, Savage Beast", made in the '70's. My understanding is that elephant culls are being taken from the air and poachers are shooting back.

XJ_Vikings said:
look at the clip "lion hunt gone bad" that should come up as related

that shit is hillarious

Serves them right :). You've got to have a screw loose to shoot things for the sole purpose of getting your jollies off.

Back