• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hummer is no more!

the hummer dealer near my work took down their sighn today and put up a generic one for the main dealership and they moved a bunch of the inventory from the Cadillac dealer to the hummer lot

I've almost perfected the technology for a vehicle that runs on enviro-terrorists. It gets 150 mpt (miles per terrorist) and produces only enviro-friendly emissions. Sometimes the simple solutions are right there, yapping in your face.

I'm also hoping to produce a hybrid version that will also run on politicians as well as e-t's, but due to all the methane released ( from the bullcrap ), it's a multi-stage process to extract the energy and still meet eco standards.......

:D

XJEEPER said:
I've almost perfected the technology for a vehicle that runs on enviro-terrorists. It gets 150 mpt (miles per terrorist) and produces only enviro-friendly emissions. Sometimes the simple solutions are right there, yapping in your face.

I'm also hoping to produce a hybrid version that will also run on politicians as well as e-t's, but due to all the methane released ( from the bullcrap ), it's a multi-stage process to extract the energy and still meet eco standards.......

Sign me up. I want one of the first units off the line.

XJEEPER said:

I'd like to discuss exploration and franchising. Please PM me.

RichP said:
Production of fuels in the US is so expensive because the refineries are over 50 years old.
According to the governor of Montana they can produce gas or diesel for $55 a barrel or $1.30 a gallon their cost for either diesel or gas.

Correct! The last refinery built in the US was in 1978/79. Thanks to the EPA/excess enviro-hippies, regulations are so tough and so expensive, Big Oil says its not economical to build any new refineries in the US. They are still turning huge profits, and see no reason to spend those profits on that sort of thing....

:looney: now if only some organization could MAKE them build new refineries....hmmm...

JNickel101 said:
Correct! The last refinery built in the US was in 1978/79. Thanks to the EPA/excess enviro-hippies, regulations are so tough and so expensive, Big Oil says its not economical to build any new refineries in the US. They are still turning huge profits, and see no reason to spend those profits on that sort of thing....

:looney: now if only some organization could MAKE them build new refineries....hmmm...
They may not be building new ones but they are expanding the hell out of the old ones.

In this area we have 5 major refineries. Every one of them are in a constant state of construction and expansion....always.

DrMoab said:
They may not be building new ones but they are expanding the hell out of the old ones.

In this area we have 5 major refineries. Every one of them are in a constant state of construction and expansion....always.

That comes as no surprise, the nimby mentality has reached so far that just finding a place to put one is almost impossible, the only way it could be done would be thru eminent domain and I bet the eco terrorists would hold that up in courts for years. The problem is that most of these eco terrorists hold suit and tie jobs and don't work for a living or are so detached from main stream that they only see their point of view and screw everybody else. The eco terrorists pump billions into the law industry every year.

BlackSport96 said:
AM General made the H1, its not for sale anymore. I'm not sure if prodution is still in effect for the HMMWV or if the gov't is sticking with current levels to wait for it's replacement. The H2 is made by GM. Its built using a Tahoe frame. H3 is built from the Colorado chassis.

I know that am general has a plant in Mishawaka indiana that makes the h1 and h2.

twoksl2 said:
I know that am general has a plant in Mishawaka indiana that makes the h1 and h2.
Probably contracted out, it's still a Tahoe chassis/frame.

BlackSport96 said:
Probably contracted out, it's still a Tahoe chassis/frame.
It's actually only part Tahoe. The rest is 3/4 ton (as are the 8-lug axles) or 1/2 ton truck. The factory where the H1 and H2 are built is a totally seperate GM facility.

I honestly don't see the Hummer brand being sold or killed. GM has spent a lot of money developing it over the last few years, and there would be a lot of pissed off dealers out there.

-----Matt-----

No way Hummer is going away. Maybe I'm just ignorant to their situation b/c I live by the coast and in the south, so there is money around here and I see them ALL the time. Maybe up north or in the midwest they're a lot more rare and it seems plausible that the brand is struggling, but they're flourishing here. The dealership is always packed and pretty cool looking. It has a concrete offroad course out front that you can test drive them on. My friend didn't buy his H2 there, but they let him try it anyway. Wish I could try the XJ out on it.

The brand is also about the reveal the H4 or H5 (whatever the Wrangler competitor will be called) sometime next year on the show circuit IIRC.

Its possible...Hummer sales overall dropped some 54% between Apr 07 and Apr 08...I hope they stick around cuz I've always liked the H3 and the new one looks pretty cool, if they come out with it.

I heard that just the h2 is getting the axe, and the h3 alpha gets a front locker! I have h3 envy

GM may be gone...period.
they need CASH
their stock is down to like $10.10
they are down to about 4% of Toyota.
I haven't heard anything about the Hummer
but, GM is closing 25 more facilities by years end

BOB

This thread is BS!

I just got one last night! :peace:

In 1999, General Motors acquired the HUMMER brand worldwide and rebadged the current vehicle H1. In 2002, AM General began assembling the HUMMER H2 for GM in its new factory in Mishawaka, Ind. This vehicle was designed by and is marketed by General Motors. Although GM acquired the HUMMER brand, they do not own any part of AM General.

Quote taken directly from AM General's site. http://www.amgeneral.com/

Back