• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Humboldt Naxja users?

srmitchell

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone. Just moved to the north coast from the bay for school.

Anyone know of any decent local trails?

I've never fully explored samoa.

Anyone wanna take me on a tour?

Thanks!

-Sean

Hello there,

I'm new here too and still looking to explore local trails. Further down in this forum there is a posting for the usal trail the weekend of september 25th, which i plan on attending. I know there are a couple local naxja people around, and you might also check out lost coast 4x4, a local club. Welcome to the area and i hope to meet you soon, keep and eye out for a silver 2000 on 31's with OR plates and give a wave!

Mike

My brother lives up in that area, maybe he'll chime in. He lives in Crescent City to be exact...

He has a '98 ZJ 5.9 w/ 3.5" lift & 31's & '00 XJ (stock).

Either way, when I make it up there, we should hit something up.

Last edited:
Im going to HSU.

I'd love to meet up with some of you guys at some point. Im an active bay area member, but I haven't wheeled here.

Hey Sean. You already up there? When do classes start for you? Have fun and good luck. Maybe we can run a trail if you get back down this way for winter break.

-Bjorn

I am from the area but I am working out of town during the week. As for wheeling there is not that much locally that is close to Eureka/Arcata until the snows come. The McGrew trail in southern Oregon just north of Crescent City is probably the best close trail. September 13th is the Eel River Bar Clean-up put on by the Lost Coast 4x4. I will most likely be there in my XJ at around 08:00 CB channel 4 if you have one.

My XJ at Hollister
Hollister_jungle_2.jpg

Awesome.

I'd like to meet up with you before that.

Here's mine, most recently.

Hollister, and then my rigidco.
Newjunk005-1.jpg

Hollisterjuly09002.jpg

Hollisterjuly09005.jpg

I am busy with work this week and next but I will be at the Eel River clean-up and can show you around that place.

Wheeling in Humboldt basically entails waiting for the snow. Snow wheeling is fun and will be very close to Arcata (HWY 299 to Snow Camp or Berry Summit/Horse Mtn.) Not too many challenging local trails that are close to town. Best close trail is McGrew and is about 2 - 2.5 hours north which isn't too bad.

The Samoa Dunes are fun and I may be able to wheel out there the Saturday before the clean-up to shake down the Jeep since I haven't driven it in a while. I want to try and make McGrew sometime this year too and will let you know.

Howdy.

I'm in Arcata so if you want to hit the beach or whatever, let me know. The Samoa dunes is fun every once and a while. Just rinse the rig down after wards... sand and salt sucks.

here are some local trails that are easy, but maybe scenic.
http://www.trails.com/activity.aspx...40.74073&lon=-123.93805&zoom=9&m=terrain&a=OD

I don't have a Jeep anymore, but my Sami still gets around. I got a buddy with a 4x4 yota that goes out sometimes too.

Maybe we can do a Horse Mountain snow run? my number is 209-968-0177

Awesome man!

Is your the lifted one on some big mt/r's?

Mine is in arcata all the time, for school.

I go to samoa all the time!

It's got a 3 1/2 inch lift
30 inch BFG ATs
Bumper

NO gears... feels like stock gearing when it's in 4 LO.
But I still get out alot.

I think I've seen your rig around.

Give me a holler if you wanna wheel

Back