• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HUGE Thanks!

notamos

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys. I wanted to thank you all for the awesome response I received when I posted in the classifieds looking for a used set of tires for a friends vehicle here in FTC.

First, a huge thanks to xj-grin for offering up his tires & expediting the lift/new tires for his Dak. Such a cool thing!

Then, to those of you (unlimitedmatt, in4aride, old_man, hypoid, time2getdirty, puttzer, md21722) who offered other help (transportation, $) - appreciate it more than you know.

Matt delivered the tires to my driveway Monday afternoon & they were mounted on her vehicle less than an hour later. I took it over to her house & told her how many folks helped out w/ this - she was blown away. Tears were flowing!

This week, she'll have a new battery in it (courtesy of Trent) and new rear brakes (brakes, drums, wheel cylinders, hardware) - all courtesy of the folks here who donated some $ to help out.

Anyway, just wanted to give credit where it is due. This woman has had a miserable 12 months since her husband passed away but I'd like to think the support that total (!) strangers have offered up made it, at least, a bit better for her. At least she has a vehicle that she can take her kids in that isn't a death trap! :clap:

Again, thanks!

-Robert

:cheers: The pleasure is ours -- thanks for posting up her reactions, brings a smile to my old face. And thanks to the transport mules too!

Just to top it off, does she have any kids and if so, how old. I'm pretty sure we could swing some Christmas presents.

Let us know.

James 1:27

Yeah, she does have kids. That is what brought me into their lives, I think...

I've coached youth baseball for the past 5 years. When their family moved back to CO a few years ago, her son (9yo now) was placed on my team. I felt a connection to their family immediately - little did I know what it would lead to. Our team (and their parents) have been a huge source of support for her and her kids this last year. Actually, her husband helped with the team quite a bit prior to his passing. He LOVED baseball.

So, anyway, she has a 9yo son and a 11 year old girl. Sweetest children in the world. Although broken emotionally, they have done really well this past year. Much better than I anticipated.

My family really looks at her and her kids as family now. We're with them constantly and our kids fight as if they are siblings.

Hey notamos -- let me know when you're in the springs, you too deserve big thanks for caring for these folks... I'll buy ya a beer and we can chat youth baseball (my boys are 11 and 13, and love it...)

Definitely a big thank you to you Robert! Thanks for doing all the grunt work to make her vehicle safer (and her life a little bit happier). :clap:

Glad to be of good use. And thanks to you for getting it all going.
Very cool to hear her reaction :thumbup:

Back