• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Howdy do!

Dreamcatcher

NAXJA Forum User
Just wanted to say hello to everyone in the southeast chapter if I haven't already.
I posted another Hello in the members forum with alittle more info.
Hope to see you all soon.

seanR said:
Since y'all are from the south, shouldn't you be using the term "Shout Out" more often? :)

PLLLEEEAAASSSSEEEE! Its "Hey Yall" and "Hey you guys watch this!" Get it right or get lost!

Oh yea, hey Dreamer!

Hey guys!
Thanks for the "shouts." LOL

Lee 94XJ,
Nice to here from someone in Chattanooga. Mom is from that area, still got folks there, I think. We actually lived there in 64 while dad was "advising" the Vietnamese. Got my picture in the paper that summer, we had a turtle race on our street. Can't remember the name of it though. Haven't been in the area since 90, though. Gotta take a road trip, and show the kids where their grandfolks grew up sometime.

Hey Ghost,
Benn in your area too!
Back in the mid 80's i worked for local elevator company that had an office in Columbia. The only thing I remember about it was a lounge we hung out at called The Library, or something like that. It was in a hotel.

a-mechanic,
The elevator company I worked for (now gone) had an office in Atlanta too. Woked there for about 6 months. Even got to work a job in Helen, Ga during Octoberfest!

They even sent me to Charlotte once Woody, so I pasted through your neck of the woods.

seanR,
If I've been to Illinois I don't remember, but my ex was from Clinton/Dewitt area in central IL. Pictures of her grandma's place have the power plant in the background, if that helps. I checked out Durand on Mapquest. Man, you're up there!

Thanks again guys.

I don't believe I have ever used the term "Shout Out"....

BTW Hey and Welcome Doug

Ghost said:
PLLLEEEAAASSSSEEEE! Its "Hey Yall" and "Hey you guys watch this!" Get it right or get lost!
it's Hey y'all watch this. you retard

Dreamcatcher said:
Lee 94XJ,
Nice to here from someone in Chattanooga. Mom is from that area, still got folks there, I think. We actually lived there in 64 while dad was "advising" the Vietnamese. Got my picture in the paper that summer, we had a turtle race on our street. Can't remember the name of it though. Haven't been in the area since 90, though. Gotta take a road trip, and show the kids where their grandfolks grew up sometime.

Chattanooga has really changed a lot since '90 (well at least since '91 when I moved here from Charlotte). The downtown area and riverfront have been totally revitalized. It'd be a great place to bring the kids, there's a lot to do.

Kudzu said:
I don't believe I have ever used the term "Shout Out"....

BTW Hey and Welcome Doug

You know Heather, I had you in mind when I wrote that, remember our conversation about learning to speak southern by listening to the Rick and Bubba show. :)

Not off hand, but now that you metion it yeah they did do the "SHout out" stuff...but thats sort of like watching it on TV...You hear stuff but real people don't talk that way.....

Kudzu, gr8tires, 2offroad, and roxjeeper,
Thanks for the greetings and thoughts on being southern.
I was a military brat, so I have lived in the north and south. Been here about 30 yrs, so I guess it's home. Valparaiso means vale of paradise, it's twin city, Niceville was originally called Boggy. What's that tell you?
Val-p and Niceville are in the middle of Eglin AFB reservation, 280 thousand acres of prime Florida wooda and swamps. They have been testing bombs here since the 30's I think. You can 4wheel on about half of the "Res", but you need a pass. It's only a few bucks, but you got to watch a film abut Unexploded Ordanance that you might run into out there.
Gives a new meaning to the thrill of 4wheeling doesn't it?
Talk about trail carnage!
The only tales I've heard of though are one where a bomb "missed" and took out a home near the edge of the Res and a few of the family. They sued and are rich redncks now.
Mostly, stuff just gets found. There will be an article in the paper every now and then about some good ol' boys finding something, putting in the back of their pickup, bringing it home to show off, somebody calling Eglin's EOD, and the good ol' boys house being surrounded like something in a movie, and the trophy taken away with the good ol' boys being told there may be charges and you're an idiot!
Here, hold my beer while I put it in the truck! :cheers:

roXJeepr said:
LMAO!! Akchully, it's Hold my beer and watch this!

Welcome DreamCatcher!

LOL yea you are right!

Back