• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to tell if I have A Limited Slip?

Trailbst said:
Get your VIN and try it on this page.

http://jeep.avtograd.ru/VIN/vin_en.asp

The only thing is, this won't give you the option sheet - just the basic build specs for the vehicle.

If it's an '88-up model, go to here. Give them your full VIN (in addition to the last 8 digits as requested) and request an Option Sheet. They'll email it back to you within 24-48 hours, though typically it takes a lot less than that.

If you got the Jeep used you can't trust govebox stickers or tags or the lack of them. Things may have been changed.

If I lift the rear of my jeep and turn the wheels, they both turn in the same direction and here is a metal tage on the diff cover calling for additive

thebrick said:
I have a 2000 with limited slip...there is a sticker on the inside of the glove compartment door stating some warning about not putting the vehicle in drive with only one rear wheel jacked off the ground.

sorry i just had to rez this one. that's gotta be the most insightful warning sticker i've ever heard of

Back