• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to replace your 97+ broken/vibrating auxilary fan for $29. PICS!!!

Blaine B. said:
Good point, although then aren't they are curved the other direction? When reversing from a puller to a pusher you swap wiring and turn the blades around....

actually, if you think about it you EITHER swap the blades or flip the wiring, not both. Flipping the wiring would only work perfectly with a fan with 100% symmetrical blades, and that cannot be attributed to this fan.

I know they say that, but think about it logically... surely they just mean "or" or I'm missing something... seems to me that doing both would move the air the same direction, just the fan turning in the other direction.

The fan he's using probably isn't too bad running backwards, since it has a band. Without the band, it would be pushing the air out sideways (radially) more than towards the engine. Still maybe around 20% less efficient than having the curve and sweep running the right way.

Hey.

I got tired of the fan spinning the wrong direction for the s-blades (instant wasted energy,) so I mounted it to the other side of the stock shroud, closer to the rad. Now I get killer airflow, way more distance between the fan and radiator (in fact, I can now remove the serp belt with a regular 3/8 wrench without removing the fan). I just put the wires back to how they're supposed to be - black to black, red to blue. I used a drum sander mounted in a drill to gradually clearance the stock shroud until I was able to use the same holes as before, so no new drilling. It's a TIGHT setup. I will take some photos as soon as I finish charging up some batteries.

Joe.

Last edited:
IMG_0431.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

Notice the huge amount of space between the fan and the engine. If I dremeled the top of the old shroud off, it would look amazingly clean. I'm now 100% satisfied, especially knowing that I am using the fan to the full potential. Joe

Back